The Genie Game Thread

Thanks to @Dejavu and @ifs for the new game idea!

I’m a Genie. Not an all powerful one though, so you only get 1 wish that I will grant (obviously something aside from sobriety). Choose wisely!

4 Likes

Contra III!

…oh, sorry. Thought this was the “Game Genie” thread. :confused: Carry on.

7 Likes

Haha! Awesome. No.

You suddenly find yourself in the middle of Contra III. You die within 30 seconds.

2 Likes

I wish my city would arrange addiction treatment in reasonable time.

2 Likes

If only! If i could then POOF! It would be. But, my powers can only do so much!

1 Like

I don’t recall this?

Genies make great stories but sound like trouble in real life. Keep your wishes, genie! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You wish that i keep my wishes? Then i can use the wish that you refused to make against you! :wink:

2 Likes

I thought you could do that anyway, or that the next person who meets you could do that. Either way I lose, but this way I don’t have the wish anymore to sabotage myself with :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You receive the Reuben Sandwich. A sandwich to die for. You find that all other food has lost its flavor and you cannot forget the intoxicating taste of that sandwich. You become obsessed with finding that sandwich again, but nothing ever compares. You spend a fortune on finding someone to make the perfect sandwich, you search for locations that specialize in it, but it all tastes like ash. You’re slowly driven insane by that Sandwich you once had.

You did have it, right? Or did you imagine the whole thing? How long has it been since you last ate?

2 Likes

Maybe if you wrote it in contract format and considered all the possible options…

2 Likes

What if I get meta… obviously wishing for more wishes is against the rules, I would assume. However:

I wish I had thought of a better wish.

Edit: Oh no! I didn’t define “better”, and now I’m going to be doomed… :weary:

1 Like

Aww. Genie has a soft spot for you. Wish these were real wishes! :genie:‍♂ :heart:

3 Likes

You immediately realize all the mistakes youve ever made. All culminating to the stupid question you just asked Genie. You have perfect clarity. However, the clarity crushes you with the weight of all you mistakes, traumas, embarassments and sins. You break down into a sobbing, insane mess.

2 Likes

Hey! If I got perfect clarity now as a side effect, that means I’m also unburdened from the weight of everything I carried and saw wrong with myself that I didn’t need to! I’ll just meditate my way through the rest with the serenity prayer and my HP. It’s a good wish after all!

2 Likes

You also find that youre not able to reconnect with society because though you find clarity, it’s only with yourself.

There’s a man with conviction!

Though I could survive, I don’t like that part. Good thing I already told you to keep your wishes before making that one. If more wishes are used against me, they’re not of my doing!

2 Likes

Yeah but what if the next person’s wish is to curse the previous person that made a wish…

1 Like

Then that sucks. The next person’s wish could be to curse James regardless of whether he made a wish or not. I can’t imagine the horror that would occur if I used my wish to control other people.

1 Like

True that. In Pathfinder, entire campaigns are dedicated toward the wizard getting all the material components together for the Wish spell. All the players band together to word it exactly so it doesnt backfire.

2 Likes