The Gratitude Jar

One of the things I’ve started doing is keeping a gratitude jar, at the end of each day I write down 1-3 things I’m grateful for from the day and put it in the jar. It doesn’t have to be major life changing things it’s as simple as being able to take my daughter to school.

I then use the jar if I’m having a bad day or a down day and struggling with my sobriety, I open the jar up and read each of the things I’ve put in there just to remind myself why I’m doing this and all things I’m grateful for since putting down the bottle.

What would be in your jar???

12 Likes

Love this idea.

Today I am grateful for waking up without soreness and guilt

3 Likes

We have been keeping a Happy Things jar for about 8 years now. We put simple or big things in it when the urge strikes. Some years are better than others. Actually we only had one sparse year so far for my husband…I had put in lots of stuff, he had not and you know, he really took that to heart and utilizes the Happy Thoughts jar more since then. We start reading thru them every New Year’s Day. It is a very fun ritual and reminder that life is made up of lots of wonderful little things (butterflies, sunsets, walks) and big things (no hurricanes, our grandson visiting, not needing a new roof) and everything in between. We keep all the slips of paper and go over old years when we need a boost and reminder.

I like your idea of using it for gratitude and a reminder when needed!!

Great thread and idea! Thank you!!:heart:

5 Likes

Love this idea!!! I think tmrw mrng I will find myself a jar to start this! I feel like this would be beneficial :slight_smile:

1 Like

grateful for
-some stellar friends i can reach out to any time
-said friends helping me to reframe what i think im seeing
-these new boxers i bought, theyre so comfortable :metal:🏄‍♂

2 Likes

It has been for me, hopefully it will be for you too

1 Like

Great idea in real life :+1::orange_heart:
Maybe you would like the gratitude thread on here
https://talkingsober.com/t/daily-gratitude-list-gratitude-the-air-of-recovery/132540?u=erntedank

1 Like