The journey begins for Kearndawg

I came to realize I was a binge drinker and that once I had one drunk night several more if not weeks more were to follow. It’s hurt me, my loved ones, my work life. I just feel so happy to be on this journey now and to not feel so alone. Feeling the anxiety of not being able to have fun with friends anymore is the only scruple I have I suppose but other than that I’m feeling good.

9 Likes

Hello and welcome! This place is great you’ll find so much knowledge, information and community here. Helped me a lot for sure.

Your definition of fun will definitely change. A lot of things turn out to be really boring w/o booze… But more importantly you’ll discover what you really to enjoy without having to alter your state to do so. And that will add a lot of value and quality to your life.

Here are some resources. I suggest you pick a couple and give them an honest go. Resources for our recovery

And our very active check-in thread for some sober fellows on your path: Checking in daily to maintain focus #54

All the best!

6 Likes

Welcome @Kearndawg :sunflower:

1 Like

Welcone :blush: read lots, and reach out when youre struggling, the support will be here 🩵

I heard this lady a few years ago share at a meeting. 40 of us attendees and she asked us all, “if there wasn’t the legal, financial, spiritual, health, family turmoil and all the other shit that goes bad with us with drinking or using, who would go back to it?” Most of us raised our hands. So did she, but she then added "it just doesn’t work that way though, does it? "

You’re right where you’re supposed to be Brandon, and so am I. So glad you’re here.