The little thread of Sunshine ☀️ (with a chance of rain) #2

Morning from Texas friends. Beginning of day 42 for me. It’s supposed to be warm today (81°F) and I’m so over it! But 3 days in a row I’ve done my morning exercise so I’m proud of that. Found out yesterday that my daughter had been lying about taking her anti depressant for the past week. Y’all, teenagers try my patience like nothing else!! She then got mad at ME because I had counted the pills and had the audacity to doubt her. BUT SHE LIED!! Ugh. Anyway - I’m at work now. Hope you all have a lovely day/afternoon. Shout out if you need a chat! I’ll be bored most of the day at work.

7 Likes

Hugs to you @crystalclear :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Thank you dear. The good news is that she went to school today. That’s 3 days in a row. And now that I know I’ll be monitoring the meds a bit closer. We’ll be ok. Just another blip in the parenting journey. :wink:

4 Likes

With the new thread limits, I wonder how long it’s going to be before we’re on The Little Thread of Sunshine (with a chance of rain) #342!

5 Likes

Ha, I’m sure we’ll do our best to get there lol!

3 Likes

@ifs James you made me laugh :joy:

Good evening beautiful bunch :heart_eyes: hope everyone is just fine… I’m tired and exhausted. But happy and sober :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

You found me out Conor! I’m incredibly hard on myself as a mom. The older my kids get the more I realize I am winging it as a parent and don’t have much control of anything. When I can remember that it really does help. Last night was just a really trying time. Surely today will be better! Halfway through the day already. Yay :raised_hands:

2 Likes

I have an 18 yo and 14 yo. Both girls. Lots of emotions in my house on a daily basis. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I was going to say, I think we all wing it as parents. I mean I’m still winging it as a person let alone a parent.

6 Likes

So much drama. My husband only has a brother. I have to continually tell him that even though, yes, their reactions are sometimes ridiculous, they are perfectly normal for teenage girls. We’ll get through. I pray a lot.

1 Like

3 girls one boy. Guess who’s last in the bathroom? :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Hi everyone.

2 Likes

Okay
Better tonight

1 Like

Yea really bad. I stayed sober thou so.

3 Likes

Yes I think so. I think?

1 Like

So proud of you for staying sober today even though it was a tough day. Well done. Tomorrow is a new day & hopefully a much better one!

1 Like

Yep I am going to my doctor’s tomorrow. Dropping off a cutie to school tomorrow for my neighbors. Then finally Friday - counseling and having a chat with my new family doctor (about mental health).

On a side note my fiancé did NOT drink tonight. We played video games, laughed and enjoyed our company with connecting. It really did my heart good.

My daughter did message me - I am not ready to respond. I may need a few days or weeks to actually answer her. I cannot be walking on egg shells and fearing I am going to trigger her all the time either (then her just cutting me off). It brought me so low. I nearly became suicidal.

I have to start doing things that feels healthy for me even if she is my kid.

2 Likes

Glad you had a good night with your fiance! The situation with your daughter is complicated. I learning to lean towards taking care of myself first because if I don’t then I can’t adequately care for my family. Sounds like that’s what you’re doing. Boundaries are good. Communication is important too. I think waiting to respond is probably best. Maybe not weeks, but when you feel ready.

I am really stuck. Like I don’t even know what to say or do. I say the wrong thing. I offend her. The silent. The fear. Like it is madness for me.

Good morning sunshine people :heart_eyes:. Today is a good day. Almost weekend. Sun is really shining and it will be a warm happy autumn day. And I am sober :muscle:
Hugs to my beautiful family :hugs:

4 Likes