The online video course from this naked mind is nearly $600. Worth it or no?

I wonder how much time this lady has sober. I have 8 years & for free I will help you get what I have, peace, serenity, coping/life skills. Save your $600, pay your bills, take a trip, donate to a recovery program.

15 Likes

When they price shit that high it just means they are in it for the money. I bet you this app we are all using for free or for 2 or 5 dollars or however much I paid for it is a million times better.
It would not surprise me if the guy running the video scam is a clown. 6 is one of the numbers they worship.

2 Likes

Already looking into it as I like the cognitive behavioural tools they utilise.

Certainly do not have a problem with AA as itā€™s been such a force for good but certain elements I struggle with and I certainly do not buy that itā€™s the only way to alter behaviours and stay sober.

1 Like

No itā€™s just repeating what is in the book and podcasts.

1 Like

I support SMART wholeheartedly. Bc in the end itā€™s just one person helping another. For free. Plus it has a workbook that has some cool stuff in it.

Whatā€™s SMART?

Itā€™s an AA alternative, that focuses on changing behavior and CBT. Iā€™ve gone before and I still prefer AA, but if it helps people get sober and addresses the root cause then I support it. Iā€™m not a fan of people charging $600 for online classes

1 Like

They are as free as possible! Literally just have to get there man and using your own legs cost nothing. AA in th UK will take a call and ring you back if needed.

As I said if the video tutorials cost 10 pound this thread would not be. Itā€™s the amount of money that is the point of debate.

2 Likes

Actual lol

Every day is a good day. Got the kids. Some football and pizza. Thanks for checking in. Whatā€™s up in your neck of the woods?

2 Likes

Yeah, but someone telling me Iā€™m derailing a thread bc I answered OPs question sounds pretty resentful considering Iā€™m one of many who has the same opinion. Kinda sounds resentmenty

Oh ok. Iā€™m for AA & Celebrate Recovery. Depending on your relationship with God & who your HP is CR may not be for you. I think whatever program someone chooses there has to be something/one greater than yourself and I donā€™t think some of these other programs offer that. Just my opinion!

I have ordered the SMART book ($9 :grin:) and Iā€™m working through the online training (ALL FREE ACCESS).

I went to AA for about 9 months and stayed sober for over 300 days. I made the conscious decision to drink again this march, it was the wrong choice and Iā€™ve decided sobriety is the only way for me to live a full, happy and safe life.

I just want to explore other options such as SMART and anything else. Not completely striking off the idea of AA.

2 Likes

Hey @SassyRocks can you unflag my post as it doesnā€™t violate any communities guidelines. Instead it appears someone has a personal problem with me. Maybe you can educate them on the proper use of flags.

@Robin @C-sun @NewPerspective

1 Like

I got my SMART workbook for free at an inperson meeting. Itā€™s got good stuff in it

Check out LifeRing too. I think youā€™d like it

2 Likes

I thought your comment was funny. For $600 she better be accessible 24/7 to discuss my resentments & anything else that may drive me to drink.

2 Likes

I think this has been an interesting conversation and debate, bit of humour but no one has crossed a line. Iā€™m new to the forum but as the guy who asked the question this what the sort of debate I was looking for!

I donā€™t think anyone has anything to apologize for and we should enjoy the perspectives :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Thereā€™s no need for everyoneā€™s hackles to get raised.

OP asked for opinions:

So I think we should let everyone have their opinions. The opinion might be that AA is a good alternative. The opinion might be something else. This thread is not about insulting other peopleā€™s approaches to recovery. Nor is it about pressuring others to do things a certain way. We know how that turns out. Can we stick to just offering opinions that answer the OPā€™s question and save the heat for some other time?

6 Likes

Suggesting AA as an alternative to spending $600 on this course sounds like a reasonable, on-topic comment to me. So does SMART, the This Naked Mind book, and other non-AA recovery options. Keep in mind that suggesting or discussing AA does not mean the exclusion of other approaches. It is simply one of the options on the table.

The AA vs not AA debate, however, is not something Iā€™d consider within the scope of this topic.

Thatā€™s my two cents.

3 Likes