The online video course from this naked mind is nearly $600. Worth it or no?

The original poster just said they liked the thread :joy::joy:. Maybe you should go tell them what their opinion should be lol.

Anytime. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m here

1 Like

Itā€™s all got off topic but think the original question has been addressed well.

1 Like

Iā€™m here to help and you thanked me for my help

Youā€™d be proud of me. I went to church today lol

2 Likes

Did you enter the caddy or just go check it out?

I went to church today and found out my church is running mindfulness classes during the week. Going to give them a try as well.

7 Likes

I canā€™t work out if this is banter or genuinely got out of hand ha. Probs because Iā€™m new to the forum.

2 Likes

I feel comfortable going slightly off at a tangent here :sweat_smile:

The ka-ching element keeps it a bit relevant, I think.

I first thought I had a problem with alcohol in 2004. In 2008, I read the book ā€˜Seven weeks to Sobrietyā€™. I then bought the nutrient formula from the company referenced in the book. $500 for 6 weeks. After the 6 weeks, I then continued buying their maintenance package.
I was sober for 3 months. Then just started drinking after hosting a big party (where I didnā€™t drink) ā€¦ I just thought Iā€™d have a celebratory glass. I think you all know what happened next.

I think one of the reasons it worked, was that I had to keep an eye on the clock. I think I was taking a bunch of stuff 10 times a day. Eg., 2hrs before bed; 1hr before bed; at bedtime. Iā€™d sort them into little zip-lock baggies on a Sunday, for the week. It was very time-consuming, but it worked, then.

I tried it again a few years ago, and it didnā€™t work. Possibly because my addiction had progressed. I donā€™t know.

Anyway, if someone has the money, and believes that something could work for them, go for it.

Iā€™m learning that our journeyā€™s can be similar, or different, but we learn from each other if we have an open mind.

:kissing_heart:

5 Likes

Annie Grace is a successful business woman. That is all.

2 Likes

This is an interview from 2+ years ago with Ms. Grace talking about Naked Mind and the business side of it as well.

1 Like

Ouch lol. Actually using her as a resource, but agree and dig the ā€œGraveā€ shot

1 Like

Because it was completely off topic.

We all know that no one thing will work for everyone, I absolutely credit Annie Grace with having a big role in my sobriety. The 30 day Alcohol Experiment provided me with the lightbulb ā€˜Iā€™ needed, if it can work for me it can work for others to. It is totally free, you will only pay if you sign up for the live online course and connect with other addicts and professionals or if you decide to opt in to other resources that she offers. The experiment part is free and in ā€˜Myā€™ case invaluable. If you donā€™t want to spend the money try the free experiment first, I did not regret it :slightly_smiling_face:
I donā€™t do AA and therefore donā€™t give my opinion on it (or put it down/question it) because thatā€™s not my lane, Annie Grace however I will willingly recommend

4 Likes

ā€œWorthā€ is pretty subjective, lying in the eye of the beholder. More objectively, if it ultimately gets you sober, Iā€™d say $600 is nothing. I blew through through twice that each month drinking.

To me though, I agree with this sentiment. Thereā€™s lots of advice here, and many free programs for many (if not all) walks of life.

SMART, LifeRing, Recovery Dharma (formerly Refuge Recovery), Women for Sobriety, Celebrate Recovery, and yes, AA and still others. Those programs also benefit from more than one personā€™s experience. If cost is any kind of barrier, Iā€™d grab on to one of those and hop to it.

7 Likes

A quick reminder to everyoneā€¦this is a forum for getting and staying sober. Serious business, isnā€™t it? Yes, it is.

We do have differing opinions and that is okay. What isnā€™t okay is getting into squabbles, posting inane off topics comments or otherwise derailing a topic, making derogatory comments, etc.

When you find yourself getting agitated, and you will, step away. Flag if you feel it is appropriate. But cease to engage.

Finally, abuse of the flagging system will not be tolerated.

Our focus is helping, not hurting, eachother. Please be kind to each other and also respectful.

11 Likes

Literally a spelling mistake :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks! The 30 day experiment was discussed earlier and Iā€™ll certainly be looking into it.

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t pay it when AA is freeā€¦ but Iā€™m a tight arse :joy:

6 Likes

cheaper than Annie Graceā€™s $600 program.

9 Likes