The Strava thread

Got after it

4 Likes

Why did you stop? You we so close to a half marathon!

Lol because today’s run was only about the 12 miles. The fact I went over was more than enough to satisfy today’s goal. Lol.
Thanks though. Now tomorrow I have to do a half marathon because I was so close. :grinning::call_me_hand:

1 Like

You know you’re probably right. I should probably scale it down to like a recovery 5 mile run or something. I feel pretty fantastic though.

Its skynet trying to keep you from being unstoppable :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Dammit I’m out of likes for the day!!!

Hahahah. Watch is your higher power. I’m fucking dead .

You were really moving on your run today! I just had to congratulate you on that!!!

I completely understand and also dig how you have found a way to come to peace that it may just take more work. Progress is everything. I always entertain the ideas of running races, but I don’t run for race purposes. So I never follow thru on it. If that makes sense.
Is this your first race or no?

That’s really awesome man.
I wonder if there are any sober running groups in my area. You have inspired the fuck out of me!!!

@Mephistopheles. This is a great idea. Here there are chefs for sobriety, but no running or cycling groups. Hmmmm, wheels turning.

2 Likes

Way to get after it.

For my bike riding enthusiasts, what’s your strategy for Hill climbs? I’m looking at you @GVLNative and @Jante76

1 Like

Keep losing weight ;). Seriously though, I suck ass at going uphill, but I always try to spin an easier gear rather than mash a big hard gear. Depends on how long and steep the climb is too.

2 Likes

Awesome looking space to run! Maybe ill tske some pictures of the areas i run in next time.

1 Like

Find the easiest gear you can. I have a compact 50-34 with a 30 tooth on the back. I like to spin a gear going uphill rather than grinding a low cadence big gear. The easier combination does it for me. The harder the gear (not spinning) the more lactic acid you build up in your legs. LA will make you legs super sore during and after rides. Spinning a higher cadence requires training to sustain 80-100 rpms consistently. Good luck!!:four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Snapped my chain about a quarter of the way up. I’m not very pleased with my bike shop at the moment as I just had a new chain put on. I’m probably just going to try and fix it myself… I’m pretty fuckin over it at this point.

1 Like

Bro, did I tell you how I snapped my chain riding up a grassy hill and bruised a testicle? Lol

2 Likes

Y’all are crazy but incredible respect for the endurance strength and whatever the hell else gets you riding or running that far. Crazy impressive. I’ll just drive to the ice rink and skate lol

1 Like

It sounds like they didn’t press the pin in right. Unless the chain has a removable quick link. Wither way, they should take care of it for you since you just had it put on.

1 Like

I don’t even care if I have to pay, but I want it done immediately. It was just there for 10 days and I’m fuckin over it. I just want to ride. I’m seriously thinking about buying a new bike.

2 Likes

@Englishd
It is most likely the master link in the new chain. They are great for taking the chain apart easily, however they can pull apart if not assembled correctly (right size, etc.). I would take it back to your LBS and have them fix it for you. You paid for it; should be right.

1 Like