The Strava thread

I don’t have time for the longer rides I prefer so I head to the hills. Two Cat 4 climbs today (hidden segments)

4 Likes

That’s the way to do it. Or that’s the way I do it. Can’t ride long so I try to ride harder. No climbs like that by me though. That’s awesome you have them close.

We have some interesting geography here. We sit right at the edge of the lake plains from Ontario to the north and some decent climbs from the glacier valleys to the south. If I want to get serious about climbing I think I need a different gear ratio. Not that I have any idea what that means, what mine is, or how to change it.

1 Like

I created a new segment that was a cat 3 climb

1 Like

That’s gotta be a good one!!
Do you have 3 chainrings on the front crank?

I do. But I bog down on anything above 15% grade. I’m sure conditioning factors in too

Dude 15% is super steep. Honestly you have all the gearing you’d need, and can get really. The biggest factor going up is weight. I read some things about how even 5 lbs on a person is a massive difference.
That’s why I stick to flat stuff :wink:

2 Likes

And I probably have a good 30-40 lbs on you. I do have powerful legs though that can help. On lesser inclines I can get up pretty quick, but it’s that super steep shit that gets me. I had to bail on a climb last night because I got through the first steep part and saw another one and my legs went “naw fuck you dude” and that was it.

1 Like

Sit-ups maybe. And losing weight. But push-ups won’t help.

1 Like

Lol. But, no sit-ups. Very bad for the back!

1 Like

What part of the body are push-ups bad for? I’d imagine all of them.

2 Likes

Very bad for your reproductive system!

1 Like

I’m getting a snip snip soon

Rachel wants me to do the snip. Unfortunately our insurance doesnt cover that. I think it’s like $300.

Mine better or she’s going to do it homestyle…

Scalpel or a butter knife?

Hacksaw x10

:tired_face::tired_face::tired_face: Nooooo!

1 Like

These length rides are getting to be cakewalk for me. Need to do a little maintenance on my machine though, been about 600miles since a tune up and my gears are a little wonky.

I’m really enjoying the freedom I get from just going out, getting some music on, and being one with the bike. Really great for my mental state. Although I have noticed, I am hungry all the time now! I must have some huge caloric deficit going on because I’m still losing weight. Down to 190 from 225 just a few months ago.

I bought a stand to do the maintenance, and gonna rewrap my bars. This is my bike when I washed it a few weeks ago. Since then, I got some Shimano clipless pedals and Louis Garneau shoes. Can really feel the difference being locked into the pedals, more stability on hills, no worries about slipping when pedaling really hard.
Will make some posts when my Amazon stuff comes today and I get the work done !

2 Likes

Shoes are my next investment. I’m doing more hills these days and could use the extra boost. I also got a big ole kid carrier for my daughter.

2 Likes