The Strava thread

That looks and sounds like a great workout!

Thatā€™s a long day in the saddle! Do you have a touring style bike or just use a regular road bike?

1 Like

At a 9 minute pace, you really should be able to hug close to a 54 minute and the last mile kick in overdrive and break 53.

2 Likes

Maybe when Iā€™m rich and famous Iā€™ll fly out there and weā€™ll do a run together.

Hey, if you win the big bucks, pay my student debt and fly me there for a run, would you?

Iā€™m banking on it. Youā€™re about to change my life, Tommy! Btw, I have about $240,000 of student loan debtā€¦

You know it! Thatā€™s all Iā€™m asking for. After that, Boom! Iā€™m a phantom. You dontbhear from me again, unless its here. Or during a run. Or when I need to get bailed out of jailā€¦

1 Like

@Jante76 as you seem to be the resident bike expert I hope you donā€™t mind me asking a couple of questions.
So Iā€™m looking at buying a bike in a few weeks as running would further damage my already damaged left knee and thinking it should be a mountain bike, a lot of my riding will be on tarmac but I do eventually aim to get on some trails including downhill ones so am I right that its best with a mountain bike as opposed to a touring type one with the race like tyres?
My budget wonā€™t stretch to a full suspension setup so in thinking a hard tail and have been looking along the lines of a cube acid possibly a 29er, do you have any knowledge of them,I believe cube are a decent make but I have no clue about specifics. Are there advantages to a 29,er, are they ok for both road and trails and lastly do you think one of these will be future proof in that when I get better, my legs stronger and able to visit some slightly demanding trails (nothing too intense), or is it likely to let me down.
I hope you donā€™t mind me asking and any insight you have would be much appreciated.
Once Iā€™m competent and able to do some non embarrassing ride times I am definitely aiming to get in on the Strava buzz :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

Trying to get back in to the swing of riding.

3 Likes

@anon13078412 hey. Iā€™m honestly not too familiar with mtn bikes, but googled that cube and it looks pretty good. I would think a hard tail would be fine to start with. Depends on trails and stuff too, but they say itā€™s good to hone your skills on a hard tail and you can go to a full suspension of needed in the future.
The components are a good spec so itā€™s a good place to start. 29rs are good for rolling over shit from what Iā€™m told. 27.5 wheel size handles a bit quicker, but either are good really.
Again, Iā€™m not super well versed in the mtn bike world but hopefully that helped a little bit. Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

No worries, thatā€™s given me ask the info I needed really. I probably wonā€™t get 29er then, I just want sure if they were better. Thankyou :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

My longest ride yet. Going for a metric century next week :call_me_hand:
Iā€™m not sure if my pace is good, as I havent ever ridden with anyone else. Itā€™s mostly flat, gotta go a little further out to find hills, so thatā€™s the next area of improvement. What do you guys think?

4 Likes

Thatā€™s solid man. Great riding!! The place is awesome too.i go up hill like a rock so Iā€™m all about flat terrain. Iā€™d rather go faster on a flat road that go uphill dying a slow death. The down is always a blast though.

400 this month! If you asked me three months ago if I saw myself doing this, Iā€™d have doubted it. So far Iā€™m down 35 lbs in 5 months just eating right and getting in a LOT of cardio. Best shape of my life and still going strong!

2 Likes

Every time I see you out I get jealous. I did just get a nice ride in with some decent climbs.

Iā€™ve never been very good at sports except golf and thatā€™s not exactly exercise nor is it easy on the finances. Iā€™ve just dedicated myself to getting out as much as I can with this beautiful weatherā€¦ and Iā€™m grateful to find something I truly enjoy!

1 Like

Todayā€™s ride

2 Likes

I did it!!! :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Nice job. How did you feel?

Surprisingly it wasnā€™t as difficult as I anticipated. Although I have been building up distance slowly over the last few months, I think the most important thing was remembering to eat an energy bar every hour or so and drink plenty of water the entire time. That really made all the difference; usually I am ravenous by the end of long rides, but this time I had a consistent intake and wasnā€™t drained at all.