The Stupid Polls thread (Part 2)

• Mario
  • Sonic

0 voters

Thatā€™s a tough one. I am so nostalgic for Sega. I grew up with it and not a Nintendo. That being said, game diversity definitely goes to Mario. Nintendo survived, whereas Sega really didnā€™t and had to sell out. So, Sonicā€™s universe really didnā€™t take off quite like Mario did.

3 Likes

Agreed for sure with much of that. If taken in isolation, just considering which are ā€œbetterā€ games (better can = funner, challenge level, or whatever that means to you), or even as mascots, which one would you say you prefer?

1 Like

How high does something have to be before itā€™s in the sky?

• More than 1 foot/30 cm
  • More than 20 feet/6m
  • More than 50 feet/15m
  • Above the tree line
  • Up where the airplanes fly

0 voters

Thatā€™s a tough one that depends on when. Cops use to get people home safely (the first time) when I was youngā€¦ right or wrong thatā€™s how it was back then. If they caught you again you were going to jail. It changed by the time I was 21ā€¦ I went to jail

2 Likes

This happened to me, too many times, at least 5 times too many. It got to the point where I thought I could talk my way out of anything, which made me more reckless. It caught up to me and eventually had an encounter with a cop who wasnā€™t going to shy away from doing the paper work; a lot of times the decision to not make an arrest is due to the desire to not do the paper work (or so I was told on more than one occasion).

Is that right or wrong? Idk, at the time it felt right.

4 Likes

My ex lost his mom to a drunk driver & refused to forgive him. The driver was extremely remorseful & cried in court. He went to prison for a long time. The people in the car were a mom, her daughter, & her daughterā€™s friend. The mom & the friend passed away. The daughter almost passed away. She was in the hospital for a long time. The daughter forgave the driver. My ex was greatly affected by this. He never got over it. The driver obviously never wanted to kill a mother & a child & badly injure another child. He just made a horrible, horrible mistake.

5 Likes

Wow. I feel like getting away with driving drunk is unheard of these days unless youā€™re a cop. :unamused: Was it a long time ago?

1 Like

Thatā€™s so awfulā€¦ I was lucky that I never hurt it killed anyone.

3 Likes

Same here! Iā€™m so ashamed to say Iā€™ve driven while blackout drunk before. I donā€™t remember anything after I got in my car.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve hated the Panthers all the way back since 1996, when they knocked my Flyers out of the playoffs. We had a great team that year. I hold grudges. :grin:

2 Likes

Flyers??? :face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting: Wings fan here, a long ways from the glory days i mean decades :wink:

2 Likes

Ainā€™t that the truth. That was the year I graduated highschool :rofl::rofl:. That shit still hurts. We havenā€™t really been all that good since. SMH

3 Likes
  • Costco
  • Samā€™s Club
  • Winco
  • Some other lame storeā€¦

0 voters

I wish we had something other than walmart or albertsons

4 Likes

You have two stores??? :astonished:. Fancy, I have Walmart

6 Likes

lol well I guess I should consider myself lucky

4 Likes

Weā€™ve got about 10 different, not just one of each weā€™ve got 3 ASDAā€™s (Walmart) and many one stop shops which are small versions of the big 4 :innocent:&:smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Look mommy the small plane up in the sky

Song by:
Goodbye Blue Sky
Song by Pink Floyd

1 Like

I have been sober for a few days.
So to speak :joy:
Iā€™ve read many things, seen, just about all of it
How about this poll

Which scares you more
  • The first time Iā€™m sober