The This or That Game

Definitely the ring of pride. Knowledge is power right?

1 Like

You guys are smart enough. I need that ring, because Iā€™m a dummy. Or at least the wallet of greed. Then I wouldnt need to be as smart.

1 Like

The wallet of greed would cause too many other issues I think. It would be nice though!

It would certainly get me out of the mountain of student loan debt Iā€™m in!

Pretty sure I thought I had the flask when I was drinking. :joy::sob:
The bipolar in me wants the wallet. :dollar: adventures and shopping for deals are what my dreams are made of! :wink:
The ring sounds extra cool, though. My memory is not what it used to be, but is still good enough.
Iā€™ll go with the wallet. I like experiencing things. Doing things costs money, usually.

1 Like

Watch of Sloth - for sure. Then perhaps I could take a dang nap without my boys climbing all over me.

2 Likes

Haha! Right? Sleep as much as I want and go for as long a run as I want. There was a book about thisā€¦ Eddy Fantastic. Ever read it? He had a device that allowed him to slow down time, but found that while time passed slowly for everyone else, it passed normally for him and he began aging at an accelerated rate compared to everyone else. That could be a drawback to the watch.

1 Like

Ring of pride, no contest. It would be like the movie limitless without the consequencesā€¦ aside from that whole not having a soul thing

1 Like

Haha! Seems like a pretty big consequence, if youā€™re care about stuff like not being buried headfirst in your own boiling feces for eternity.

1 Like

Hhaha, boiling feces!?! Thatā€™s a very unique description of hell. Count me out lol

2 Likes

I think that was the punishment on the circle of pride depicted in the Divine Comedy, Danteā€™s Inferno, by Dante Alighieri. That was terrible, but some of the other rings were equally, if not more painful to think about.

1 Like

Ahhh yes, the only thing I remember from that is the punishment for the hoarders and the wastersā€¦ lucky for them no feces involved! Might have to reread

1 Like

The ring. Easy choice.

Although there is some truth to the saying ignorance is bliss.

1 Like

Wallet. You can do good with the money and hopefully earn back your soul.

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying this! I am a server. When I moved to Illinois from Arkansas noone understood that a Dr. Pepper is a Coke. If I offer a refill on your Coke, no need to tell me that you are drinking Mt. Dew. I what you are drinking. And it is still a Coke. Pepsi? It is a Coke! Lol! Glad to see you back @SweetT, miss your book club

2 Likes

Maybe true, but whereā€™s the money coming from? What if, letā€™s say, itā€™s a direct account to a child trafficking regime or itā€™s blood money? Profits are funneled to the wallet daily. Howā€™s your soul feel now? You can do all the good you want, but youā€™ll know that secretly itā€™s all corrupt.

I donā€™t like the way your brain thinks.

1 Like

I choose ā€˜Wallet of Cheesecakeā€™

1 Like

You can only choose wallet of cheesecake if you admit that it is actually a pie.

1 Like

And acknowledge the burden on your soul from origins of all that cream cheese via trafficked cows.

3 Likes