The time has come, a new day 1, goodbye cigarettes!

With 55 days under my belt if being alcohol free I feel like this is a good time to kick the living sh*t out of another addiction demon.
I’ve had the patches and spray sitting on my dresser for over a week now… I just put out my last smoke, it’s time!

12 Likes

So exciting!! You will find it the best decision ever. I chew a lot of gum now but when I was quitting I would use beef jerky to chew on and straws. I was big on having a straw to chew on or just have between my fingers

3 Likes

Hey, that’s so cool Justin! Well done! You can do this, you’re already doing so well with booze. I quit both at the same time, 75 days ago. Doing a lot of cardio workouts helps, and seeing my dad 16 hours / day with oxygen supply because he smoked for years also “helps”… :muscle:t2:

2 Likes

I don’t see you chewing on a straw all day long Jennifer! :rofl:

Well I quit a few summers ago using the patch and spray method, but I was always working a super busy job so I didn’t have time to smoke haha.
Im hoping I can pull it off again

1 Like

Lol not anymore but I still do it when driving

Congratulations! I quit by using the patch 5 years ago and it was definitely the hardest but best thing I’ve ever done. You’ve got this!

You can and will!!!

I’m just hoping I don’t turn into a cranky monster for the next few weeks :rofl:

2 Likes

Awesome!! Keep us posted on how it goes. I’ve never smoked but I’ve always heard about how challenging it is quit. I think it was really smart to wait a while after you quit drinking so you didn’t have to struggle with both at once :+1:

1 Like

Oh you know me, I post in here quite a bit so there will be plenty of updates haha.
Smoking is horrid to try and quit, I think this will be my 3rd or 4th attempt. Once I had a solid year in.

The monday (3rd day sober) after I quit drinking I had decided to try and quit smoking… yeah it didn’t go to well, I was beyond cranky lol

2 Likes

I guess it depends a lot on how you face this challenge. If you think you’re gonna be miserable without cigarettes, you’ll probably experience it this way. If you face it with optimism, and that your health will improve, it’ll be much easier. Keep us posted on your progress! Rune will also avoid you becoming a cranky monster! :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

All power to you, friend. I don’t see myself ready to kick cigarettes any time soon as much as I’d really like to.
I tend to rely on them when cravings get bad, although I rarely chain smoke, I do believe they help me stay sober for the time being.

1 Like

Naw I don’t think its really gonna be an issue, I’m going in with a clean, focused and determined mind.

Honestly I think Rune would love it if I kept smoking lol. I don’t smoke in the apartment and he has already gotten into the habit of trying to bolt outside when im going/coming from smoking lol

I get that, I feel ya gotta be in the right frame of mind to kick the habit, today I just felt ready.

I was a heavy smoker to begin with, when I quit drinking I started smoking way more, some days I could easily get through a pack and a half

1 Like

Good on you man! It’s fudging tough but totally worth it! Get after it!

1 Like

Big oof. I actually started smoking less when I quit drinking. A pack and a half is ALOT.
I would smoke about a pack a day on days that I’d drink, but after I stopped I got down to 4-5 smokes average.
I’m rooting for you to be able to kick this other murderous addiction, a costly one too.

1 Like

Yeah I found I started smoking out of boredom.
When I was still drinking I could either smoke a lot more, or less, depended on the night lol.
Costly is putting it lightly. Where I live if I go to the corner store and get a pack of the cheapest smoke I’m looking at 18-22$ depending on the store.
I refuse to fail at this so I appreciate your support :smiley:

1 Like

Well I’m sitting at 22hours smoke free now… honestly if anyone were to offer me one right now I’d be hard pressed not to take it. Despite having a patch on and using nicotine spray (safe to use the 2 together) I cant kill the craving.

I was smart though, on my way home from work last night I hit up the store and picked up what I needed for today so I wont have to go there before work, I feel like if I went into a store right now I’d buy a pack

3 Likes

I chewed a lot of gum!
I wish you the best, so worth it. My son still smokes and he borrowed my car a few weeks ago, :mask:
Took a week or so for the smell to go away!
One last thing; when I quit a long time ago I pictured exactly what and where the smoke was going and doing in my body. If you ever saw a smokers lung it would help. :grimacing:

3 Likes