The "Weed aint shit" attitude is so annoying

I went to my second group session today (chemical dependency education) and overall I like it and feel like it’s going to help me get over my addiction, but this session and the last one someone kept saying how weed aint shit, weed aint nothing… okay it may be nothing to you and I DO understand it isn’t comparable to heroin or meth, but if I could quit weed on my own I wouldn’t be sitting next to you right now. It’s the only drug I’ve ever used/abused, I’ve been smoking for over half my life now and I’m only 33. There were times when weed was my only friend so it’s been a huge struggle for me to put it down and it’s frustrating when people try to downplay it like it isn’t a legitimate reason to seek help.

36 Likes

Weed is serious.especially these days with the stronger strains an the higher prices.
I relate to the weed being your only friend.
I use to smoke every day.
One of the first an last things i had to do.
It was a norm to spark up any an everywhere.
It ended up getting me Expelled from school but that didn’t stop me.i done it for most of my youth an quit.Mainly for legal reasons an i stopped likening the way it made me feel.
As cheap as it was when i messed wit it ,it really didn’t seem like a problem.the harder stuff if more dangerous but it all affects people in different ways.
Its great you want to stop an your effort matters.

11 Likes

Weed ain’t shit, can FRO.

I was never a fan of pot, but I hated the culture,

It’s non-addictive - bullshit!! Ever see a pothead who doesn’t have his/her stuff? They are miserable human beings

It’s all natural!! - yes I’m sure that hydro whatever you have growing underneath some fluorescent lamps in your dorm is all natural.

I’m so over the nonsense about weed, like it’s so much better than all the other drugs in the world like it’s a super food or something,

At the end of the day, marijuana is a drug, a psychotropic, thus forth can develop a dependencey.

13 Likes

An addiction is an addiction and yours is just as valid as anyone else’s. I hear a lot in my aa mtg that it doesn’t matter what our rock bottom was, is real to us, its valid, and damn if we are not that much stronger for acknowledging that it is a problem that we want to face and put in our past. Proud of you @StrongerThnYstrday for being here and owning your addiction.

12 Likes

Hi @StrongerThnYstrday

yea weed is shit! lol

How many days you got?

I‘m on day 5 now.

We’re sitting in the same boat. I’m 34 and I started 20 years ago. The problem with you and me and everybody who started at an early age is that we seriously manipulated our feelings, emotions and hormonal Balance. In the Time when others developed their personalities etc., we manipulated ourselves with weed.
We’ll never feel like others who developed sober.
All we can do is accept it and try our best to stay sober. All my friends who smoked with me around that time have serious issues with emotions.

I still love weed and I think weed can cure many diseases and is 1000 times better than chemical medication. BUT if you start it too young you destroy everything. It has a reason why it’s 18+

I like to quote South Park and it fits definitely me and everyone I know who started that early and it’s the sad truth.

“Randy: Well, Stan, the truth is marijuana probably isn’t gonna make you kill people, and it most likely isn’t gonna fund terrorism, but… well, son, pot makes you feel fine with being bored. And it’s when you’re bored that you should be learning some new skill or discovering some new science or being creative.”

And that’s the problem with weed.

Don’t let anybody tell you that weed ain’t shit. These people have no fucking idea about weed.

I hope you’re doing well!!

Stay strong!

Blessings

7 Likes

Today is my 20th day free and this is my first time being free out of my own choice to do it. I quit while I was pregnant and before that I quit to join the Air Force. This is the longest I’ve been sober because I chose it for me and I feel good about it.

6 Likes

That’s awesome! Keep it going!

In my 20 years I was able to quit it 3 times, 1st when my wife was pregnant for around 10 months. In 2018 I wanted to prove myself that I’m not addicted and I just smoked when I was in amsterdam for a week, but the bad thing about it is that I drank seriously much more alcohol in 2018 and I ended up with health issues and high blood pressure, so I was back at it on a daily basis since 2019. From when I registered here in Nov. 2019 I stopped it for 5 months but relapsed in 2020.

And now Day 5!!

Well, we gonna make it!

2 Likes

Someone once told me what other ppl think is none of my business, don’t let them take up headspace, you know why your there that’s all that matters. All the best. X

1 Like

@StrongerThnYstrday Weed is not my DOC. But my Dad and his weed addiction made my family miserable. We would literally check his Stash box on Fridays to see if we were going to have a good weekend or an awful one. He has lost multiple jobs because of drug tests, he has tried EVERYTHING from pickle juice to stashing someone else’s urine in a tube between his pants and belt just to be able to pass. And at 60+years old, he tells these stories like they are just funny parts of life.
Weed is DEFINITELY Shit!! It’s bullshit!!
From experience I know that his Weed addiction is just as bad as my alcoholism.
You stay strong and be proud of yourself for deciding to steps to better yourself!!

4 Likes

So I’ll be five days sober from weed tomorrow. I know I’m making the right choice by putting it behind me, but I’ve been struggling bad. I haven’t been this angry in a while. When does it get easier to deal with?

2 Likes

I feel you. It may not be as physically painful to withdraw from weed as it is for opiates or other drugs, but it can definitely be addictive. I wasted my first year of college smoking weed every day and every chance I could. I do believe that Marijuana can be helpful to some people, but anything can be abused, and everything is not for everyone. <3

3 Likes

I’ve certainly abused it. I honestly thought this would be easier to handle, but I was definitely wrong in my assumption. Lol. I’ve pretty much wasted my 20s away with it, although it has helped me a lot in ways, but I simply had to come to terms with the fact that I abuse it daily and that change is of the utmost importance if I truly want to see where I can go in this life. But yeah it’s tough going from a daily smoker for the past 10 years (a few breaks in between) to absolutely nothing at all. Thanks for the response by the way!

2 Likes

Changing routines and breaking free of addictions is big stuff. We didn’t get where we are quickly, so it makes sense we won’t break free quickly either. But…we can and do break free and a big wide world of liberation awaits us. Be gentle with your self and with the process of clearing that crap from your cells. Stay well hydrated. Do you do anything physical that could help offset the surging emotions (anger being one)? I found running super helpful, also bicycling or just walking. A punching bag also comes to mind. Little steps add up … keep at it. It is never too late to begin a new chapter. :heart:

6 Likes

I actually bought a fresh pair of boxing gloves. I’m gonna start beating on the heavy bag in the afternoons. I’ve been drinking about a gallon of water a day as I do air conditioning work in Louisiana so it’s pretty hot. Gotta stay hydrated! Thank you for the kind words!

4 Likes

That would be the extra special kind of hot down there in Louisiana!! Glad you got the gloves!!!

1 Like

Yes indeed! The heat can be brutal down here! Especially in the attics!

2 Likes

Ouch, heck yeah!!

2 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement! I really appreciate it!

1 Like

When I hear someone compare and discount a drug or type of alcohol, I can relate. I used to think like that so that I could justify using it myself. At times on my journey, I would actively seek weed when I was dry from booze, because “I don’t have a problem with weed”.

5 Likes

So is tobacco…and it’s proven to be addictive and harmful to health.

I smoked a ton of weed as a teen. Started my freshman year in HS, and quit at the start of my Senior year, so as not to screw up my chances to join the Marines. I can say without a doubt that I was addicted. It was very hard to quit and without something bigger to aim for, I likely would have kept right on smoking it.

If smoking tobacco is bad for one’s health, how can weed be any better. Tar is tar. Particulate is particulate, not to mention the pesticides and crap sprayed on it, then burned and smoked, or ingested.

Now it’s legal here. I know several people who only refrained from using it because it was illegal, who will now indulge.

Malum Prohibitum: Bad because it’s prohibited.

Malum en se: Bad because it’s bad.

I believe any intoxicating recreational drug is malum en se, and I ain’t changing my mind.

6 Likes