They say 3rd time's a charm

It is my third try this year getting off weed…

And this time I will try to remember that when I stop, I have withdrawal symptoms and I don’t want to go through this again… Because sweating like a pig, having headaches, nausea, shaking and more is just unpleasant…

Good day to you.

K.

10 Likes

Good work Karine!

Yes the withdrawals in recovery suck. Stay hydrated, take care of yourself, use baths or showers or heat or cold to keep yourself comfortable. Whatever you need.

You mentioned back in March that it’s unfamiliar for you, to do things for your own health:

Self-care is very important, but also very unfamiliar for most of us. It’s related to our sense of self-worth. For many of us, the neglect of self, of health, is chronic. It’s something we have to learn.

Recovery programs can help. There are a wide variety of choices and a wide variety of recovery philosophies - but what they all have in common is connection with a group of people in recovery, and together you learn how to walk your path. Have a look at some of these options:
Resources for our recovery

Welcome back Karine. Keep checking in :innocent:

4 Likes

Great decision Karine! I know it’s hard to kick the habit of smoking weed, as I have seen it with a dear friend of mine. But he succeeded after some attempts and didnt smoke for some years now. He told me it feels like something from another lifetime. He did start to work out ferociously and that was a great help. It’s good to have something you like to do to take your mind off of it. It takes some work, but keep your goal in mind and work on it. Every day it gets easier.

3 Likes

I read your newbie story to refresh my memory on your previous tries. I identify with your goal-oriented personality, as I am wired this way, as well. I find I need a star to steer to, a peak to summit, a finish line to cross. Idleness is the devil’s playground, so to speak. I’ve trained for and run marathons, biked centuries, and even swam a 10K. I’ve hiked big chunks of the AT.

After a couple months sobriety, I decided to pursue a black belt in some martial art. This has helped me stay sober more than anything else. I should have it in another year or so. What then? Getting my instructor certifications and opening my own school. That’s the next goal. If I aim at nothing, I will hit nothing, every time.

Maybe think about setting a “BHAG”…Big Hairy Audacious Goal, that will require you to remain clean and sober to achieve, then get after it!

3 Likes

You read my mind Yoda-Stevie!

I haven’t had read your response yet and I thought about something I have always wanted to do and it’s getting orthodontics… So I booked my first appointment right away! And I feel so good about it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Always there to help Matt! Thanks a lot :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you Naomi! :slight_smile: