This is it now

Hi ya I’m so pleased your back on here reaching out … Have u thought about doing any online meetings to help get u through the weekends when u start to struggle? I’ve not done any online meetings but I know alot of people on here really recommend them … maybe try and plan forward the weekends and do something u enjoy doing anything but don’t pick up that first drink x

1 Like

Yes, I second the online meeting idea. AA helped me get almost 5 months before quarantine. And I was discovering so many new things about myself from working the program. I did relapse for almost 2 months but I’m on day 4 today and I know its bc I found my way back to the program and my sponsor. I’ve been doing the 24/7 zoom meetings which are amazing bc no matter what time it is, they’ll be there for you. It’s great if you’ve never been to a real life meeting bc you dont even have to show your face or say anything. You can just watch and listen to people going thru the exact same thing you are. And they can help you find a temporary sponsor.

3 Likes

I dint tbh know online meetings were even a thing I’ve just downloaded an app with them on so that’s definitely going to be part of my days when the cravings hit ha!..yeah I need to stick to the plan that’s my problem I’m just like way its Saturday screw the plan ha! X

2 Likes

What app do you use? Yeah that’s me atm I need to hear and get tips from other people that are in the same boat as me

The 24/7 ones are on Zoom. You can join in at any time and stay as long as you like. I’ve been going on in the afternoon for a while and then after I put my daughter to bed for like 3 hours. Whatever I need to keep my head on straight again.

These two threads have LOTS of great advice to help you thru…

Advice for the Newcomer and Constant Relapser

Tips for getting and staying sober

I highly suggest avoiding your friends that you drink with for awhile, as well as sleeping as much as possible and getting some exercise if you can. And reading all you can find on here. Keep your focus on the day at hand. Stay sober today. :heart:

2 Likes

I’m gonna try that thanks so much!

1 Like

Thanks I’ll give them a read…yeah I just need to get into a good streak dont I that’s the hardest part though :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Hey mate. I’m near Sheffield :grinning:

Glad you’re here. Get out into the Peaks for exercise and have a recovery plan. That’s my advice? Have you got a plan to stay sober? In my experience without one you’re more likely to drink

Once u get through that first weekend your feel so proud of yourself it will hopefully make u realise how strong you really are … I used to feel the same every Saturday on my pay day I would end up regretting drinking and drugging I had to change the people places and things cos they was a massive trigger to me it took a while and many relapses to find myself but it’s so worth it x

Aha fellow Yorkshire!! :slight_smile: tbh I dont I have a decent plan like i know i need to start working out again that always helps me but besides that no…I always put a plan in place and then it gets to saturday and I’m like sod it…I have nothing to fall back on but my plan this week is going to be to live on this forum and just keep talking hopefully that will work x

Yeah I did it last year for a few weeks and I loved it ( I have no idea how I did it) its just getting through the first weekend and then the 2nd and so on! X

What do you type in on zoom to join a chat I’m completely lost :thinking::woozy_face:

I went to google and typed in 24/7 aa zoom meetings. The first result that pops up should be the right one. It will take you to a page that has a green, red, and blue link on it. I like the red room bc it’s more traditional but the green room was cool too if you’re not into the God aspect of it.

1 Like

I would suggest sobriety Podcasts as well if you’re walking or driving… been a game changer for me

1 Like

That’s pretty cool thanks for sharing! Are all times EST?

1 Like

My god that is an absolute game changer!!! Literally just sat for last 40min and I didnt even realise that time had gone by thank you!

2 Likes

Establish a support group that will hold you accountable, talk to sponsor, create and apply a list of coping skills, catch it check it change it. For me I had to understand what made ME want to drink and use…upon lots of self reflection I realized the emotions I was running from the guilt shame loneliness which the drink and drugs only amplifies. This process alone took a lot of power away from the need to use. After that first couple weeks, continue with the self reflection being mindful of feelings understanding they’re only temporary DO NOT act on impulses then rinse and repeat lol MAINTAIN

2 Likes

Literally love this such good advice!

1 Like

I believe so. I thought it was bc I live in that timezone but the hosts are from all over the country and use the EST times.

1 Like