Thoughts on dealing with "old beefs, bad blood from past"

Wondering what others, if anyone has been in this situation in the past have done?

Long story short;…

I have had a few altercations with a specific person that has a problem with me from the past. This particular person has no idea I’m Sober now and he knows I used to drink heavily and possibly has a chance to catch me off guard with a good landed punch.

I have run into him twice since getting sober and have no intention of getting into fights anymore. I have already been arrested for assault while defending myself in the past.

The problem involves a female i used to date that he has kids with, which I totally can understand. I personally feel though he needs to do something about it or back off and “it is what it is”. At this point he is just harrasing me.

I have tried to let him get loud, make a fool of himself and let it go, but it hasn’t helped!!

I ran into him again today. He acts like he wants to fight me but he has 0% intention on doing so, today he did his usual "talk shit, get loud…act like he bout it.

What changed today was I actually got out of my car to confront him cause he mentioned my kids…His dumb ass backed up into 2way traffic and almost got hit by a car. WTF am i supposed to do?

I wanna crush his ass and stomp his head in but at the same time I know it won’t solve shit, just make him more desperate to get back at me.

I don’t know what to do, but I know for sure you don’t threaten my kids and shit is sweet!!!

I’m aware that the easy answer is call the police and file a report but that doesn’t slide where im from.

Kinda desperate for advice, I don’t know what to do besides throw the first punch??

If you’re not seeing the girl anymore, I guess I dont see where the beef is now? Old resentments?

1 Like

I haven’t talked to her since OCT 2017

Why I’m not sure what to do. Obviously he hasn’t let it go.

Agreed! now that I’m Sober I have a lot more patience with things but at the same time in done with it, it’s old news. Im trying to move on with my life but apparently he isn’t ready to

1 Like

I know my adrenaline is still going right now and im still amped up but I’m trying to figure out how to handle it the next time I run into him

1 Like

I’m with forged, don’t fight back. He’s totally not worth the time of day or effort, I get that he got under your skin with threatening your kids but you know he isn’t worth it. Especially if you have zero ties together! His issues don’t need to be carried by you. Just walk away.

I’ll make my story short but my ex of 15 years ended up cheating on me. While I was working to try to support our family and he sat on his ass, he had some whore come over and snorted pills with her and smoked pot with her all day-with my kid in the house…I booted him and I never said a word to her about it all. I was FUMING pissed inside, but never a word or reaction to her other than basically ignoring her presence. I refused to give her that satisfaction of getting to me, neither of them were worth it! To this day (he married her and she’s now my kids step mom) she doesn’t trust me because I didn’t come after her. But we can do family functions together as necessary still. It’s WAY less expensive this way (no lawyers, no replacing their stuff or fixing her face, no court, no record) and it’s actually way more fun to me because I still giggle my ass off knowing she’s more nervous around me than she ever would have been if I just let loose on her. That to me was enough justice served. And, they are stuck together and miserable af-added bonus! Lol

8 Likes

Pray for him.

5 Likes

@MandiH, @Englishd… That may be what I do… Just keep smiling at and saying “I’ll pray for you”.
I like that idea🖒🖒🖒

3 Likes

I honestly hate the fact that it works lol. Bc that’s definitely not what I wanted to hear. But I followed suggestions and did it and the anger I was feeling was lifted away.

2 Likes

I only believed it bc my sponsor and the big book said it would work and they haven’t lied to me yet

Can’t remember if I saw this on here or what, but something along the lines of “Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die”, and that resonated hard with me, as I had a situation involving a “friend” and my ex fiance hooking up while I was out of town. It was common knowledge among our mutual friends that he was dead to me, and that I had no qualms about beating his ass mercilessly, which I fully intended to do if I saw him out.

…but, in the end, I knew it wouldn’t fix anything. Use your new found patience and try to stay on the high road from it. I know at times it’s easier said than done, but in the long run, it’ll be worth it.

7 Likes

Well, if it’s as bad as your making it sound… Really see it has you have no other option.

If you see him again like this tell him your done. The next time he’s in your face, tell him your that, and if he does it again file a Restraining order. I know many times things that happen in the past make you afraid to bring the law enforcement in to a situation.

Make fun of him. If he gets in your face then ask him if he’s trying to kiss you and that you don’t roll that way. Or just tell him that if he wants a kiss then go ask his mother. Or there’s the go to of making fun of his penis size. Lol.

I’ve been dealing with fools and bully’s my whole life. I was the guy that got everyone to point and laugh at the bully (or fucked him up) in school. I’m not saying this dude is bullying you. Just saying it sounds like he ain’t gonna do nothing, just like bully’s don’t when it comes down to it. So clown him😂

1 Like

Just don’t hit him!! We are to old for that. It’s not worth it man

@Shattered_dreams that would be ideal but he has to physically put his hands on me for that which if he is smart will never do… @Gabe.G he is trying to be a bully but his problem is he wants me to hit him so he can claim self defense and get me locked up. He don’t want to do shit but get under my skin. That’s why I’m not sure how to deal with him. I could easily knock his ass out.

I’m 35… I know I’m to old for a fight!!

Apparently the law says you need to stop when they hit the ground, not make sure they stay there!

1 Like

You should throw a holiday party and invite the guy over. Have a non alcoholic drink together. Talk it out. Tell him you’re no longer after his girl. Be men. Hug it out.

That might work… :thinking::roll_eyes::unamused::slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

I doubt that will work ATM but i guess it’s possible we could have a mutual dream tonight about working it out!! I have lucid dreams so I guess it’s possible!!!:+1::+1:

1 Like