Three things I've done today which I wouldn't have done if hungover

The three things I want to achieve today…

• Drink two litres of water
  • Make good choices at the breakfast table - I’m on holiday this weekend and the last time I drank on a holiday I felt so awful the next day I near enough begged my boyfriend to go to Greggs for me to get a cheese pasty and a fanta. Then wasted most of the day feeling terrible during previous time away. Not any more! I intend to fully enjoy this break!
  • Walk 15,000 steps. Going to try and get extra steps in while I’m away
8 Likes
  1. Stuck to eating only plant based foods
  2. Played outside with my dogs this evening
  3. Woke up early to meditate
7 Likes

Went to work
Hiked 3 miles on steep terrain
Made vegetarian burgers from scratch for me and my family :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The three sober things I want to achieve today…

• a day off from sugar. Tomorrow is my birthday so I am sure I’ll go wild on the stuff then
  • A day off from my phone (apart from checking in on this app!) When I drank and was hungover I’d be paranoid and checking my phone all the time to make sure I hadn’t offended anyone or done abything stupid. I’m climbing a mountain up in Scotland today and am so excited for a day of fully living in the moment
  • my third thing is the mountain itself. Because let’s face it, I wouldn’t be doing that with a hangover!
10 Likes

I love this! :purple_heart:

1 Like

Happy to know I’m not alone. I thought I was the only one that neglected this while I was using. Showering was even a hassle back then.
:joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes
  1. Fishing :fishing_pole_and_fish:
  2. Lunch with wife
  3. Shopping for dog :dog:
6 Likes
  1. Woke up early
  2. Went out to an early dinner with my daughter
  3. Went to an in person woman’s AA meeting
4 Likes
  1. Went to work after a somewhat decent rest and didn’t want to fall asleep
  2. Ate
  3. Will be doing self care
4 Likes

On a Saturday:

1. Got up from a restful sleep and made breakfast with my hubby
  2. Helped my husband deal with stress (usually it’s the other way around, and if I was hungover I would be irritable as all heck and causing more stress)
  3. Not craving booze to ease a hangover
7 Likes

My three things for today…

• It’s my birthday, whoop! I’m going to have my fave foods but make sure I eat five fruits or veggies today. When I’m hungover I just eat junk
  • Take care of my skin. I’ll get home from my birthday dinner and take my make up off properly, no mascara stained pillow case!
  • Call my family
4 Likes

Happy birthday!! Wishing you a lovely day! :balloon::tada::smiley:

2 Likes

Yep, shaving, flossing, all skipped when hungover. I would brush my teeth, partly because the mint would help the nausea.

5 Likes

Happy birthday! Hope u have a fab day!

2 Likes

Me too!! I’d end up brushing them several times throughout the day to try and make myself feel better :see_no_evil:

Thank you for the birthday message! X

1 Like

3 things for today…

1. I took my meds (when I use I forget to take them)
  2. Went to work this morning and didn’t come close to falling asleep bcuz I didn’t sleep the night before… again due to using
  3. Will smudge later today and connect spiritually
5 Likes

-went for a walk with the dog
-cleaned the windows
-started a new book

3 Likes

woke up hangoverfree
processed the last vegetable harvest this year
had an afternoon nap because I was tired from working 8 hours in the kitchen :blush:

2 Likes

Today’s three…

• get up early and seize the day
  • listen to a podcast about human kindness
  • visit a castle and enjoy it (when I was hungover on holiday I’d go on day trips and just be there to please others even though I felt horrific. I’d sometimes even cancel if I felt particularly bad. It’s nice actually being able to enjoy holidays!)

Thank you! :purple_heart: