Throw Back Any Day

Post your throw backs here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cocoa Beach. 2014. Hanging with my dad when he was living down there.
daddio

8 Likes

Is that you in back in the middle or front right?

1990, a few months before the First Persian Gulf War

18 Likes

10 Likes

• When I was in high school, I was on the Swim Team. One of my favorite times in life haha!
  • During my junior and senior years on the team, I had the privilege of being one of the Co-Captain for the men’s team. :slight_smile:
  • I won Region Swim! I did this during my junior year. :smiley:
  • This is a picture of me standing on the starting block just as that race was about to begin. I was not aware of my principal was taking the picture, but he was aware that I had a chance to win the race and was there to capture the moment. I am so grateful for that man haha!
  • To say the least, I miss the Swim Team. Grateful for the memories I have of this time.
6 Likes

Here’s a picture of me when I was really young.

19 Likes

When I was 21 :hugs: Drinking had started before this and I was probably either drunk or hungover in every. single. pic. Unfortunately.

18 Likes

Hahahaha eeeiww!

2 Likes

Amazing! At what age did you start swim team?

Love this. How old were you?

How young?

Great pic! :revolving_hearts:

Here’s me and my Daughter on our first trip to Hawaii. I was 24, she was 2.

Here’s me and my daughter on our last trip to Hawaii in 2017

13 Likes

Twenty-four, give or take.

1 Like

There is sort of a cool story behind this.

So, I live in a very small area; lots of small towns all over the place (the town I am from has just under 500 people in it, and we are not the smallest; just to give you some perspective). Because of our size, we don’t have very many sports (I mean, we have the “popular” ones like football and baseball, but the list would quickly end after a few others [drill/cheer teams, track/cross-country, etc.]).

When I was entering High School and going into the 10th grade (we had junior highs at the time, so 10th was the first year you attend the physical high school building even though 9th counts as high school), they announced that they were starting the first ever swim team. I would have been about 15 at the time or so. :slight_smile:

Haha, I actually didn’t even know how to swim at the time; I just wanted to be on the first ever Swim Team :wink: I thought that was cool bragging rights, plus I didn’t want the sport to start and then stop because of low participation (and it sounded fun, honestly). Looking back, I had no idea where I would end up and how much I would learn over the course of the next 2 years. :slight_smile: I was about 17 when the picture I shared was taken.

1 Like

Here’s me at 22. A young dad and Sergeant of Marines257648412439

14 Likes

Can I eat him?? :heart_eyes:

1 Like

My babies when they were babies. Now 9 and 7.

9 Likes

Loooove this :blush: What would you say to your 19 year old self if you could go back in time?