Time to get rid of the weed

Im right there with you. I sont really get enjoyment out of it anymore. Been smoking many times daily for 7 years now and ive grown tired of it.
Finished up a joint last night and reinstalled this app. Glad to find community here going through similar stuff

4 Likes

There’s lots of people on here that are supportive and share ideas to distract yourself. I love it! I’m on my 4th day. The 1st 3 days were bad. I had lots of anxiety and irritability and my depression kicked in. Today seems to be a little bit better but I’m still on edge. We can get through this. Also the money saving feature on the tracking page has helped keep ke motivated.

4 Likes

You can make it!

2 Likes

Thank you i know i can do this!

1 Like

Oh those first three days are definitely the worst. Couldn’t sleep at all, full of sweats and anxiety.
Understand that now you gotta deal with all the feelings you were numbing and drowning in THC. Keep it up! :muscle:t2:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing. I am with you. Day one for me. Equally excited as terrified I won’t be when the night falls.

3 Likes

The nights have been the hardest, but it gets easier. I love that the brain fog that i always had its gone. You can do it.
Money is part of my motivation, but i also realized it doesn’t help me deal with my problems. It only caused me to avoid my life issues. I’m feeling better after 5 daya, but the cravings still come and go.

1 Like

I can’t remember the last time i went this long! Go me!

6 Likes

I know I can. If I get through the first day I will be fine. Have the memory of it being way easier than I thought 10 years ago. Just three sweaty nights. Feeling confident today. Looking forward to better mornings and less procrastinating. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Sending good vibes to get you through the day!

1 Like

I’m struggling today with wanting to smoke. My anxiety is high. Looked at the dispensary online and there’s so many sales. I have to put time and energy into getting it though. I would have to go get it and the wait is long at this time of day. Then i would have to go get something to smoke out of…so much work for a fix. It’s just not worth it…but ugh… it’s been a week so far

1 Like

Its not worth it…You have dine well the last week and need to keep it up!

3 Likes

Thank you! You’re right it’s just hard somedays…

1 Like

Yes. Sobriety is very hard.

3 Likes

this is inspiring. im also a nurse and im sick of always being paranoid of drug tests and using it to cope with work. i finally have a great therapist and feel supported and ready to be done for good. this community is great so far, even though i only have a day in i feel prepared for the first hard week reading all these responses

3 Likes

People make weed sound like nothing, but weed is hardcore ! Seriously I used to smoke weed heavy for a long time and my withdrawals and side effects got insane before I even understood I was addicted to weed. I’m glad I’m off that stuff. People say weed is “natural” and “not a gateway” drug. I think its the complete opposite.

I had so many relapses , and methods I turned to after quitting weed. I’m just happy it’s past that stage and I believe a lot of people can get over it.

A fact I can share is , cherries are a natural melatonin supplement, I used to eat a bowl of cherries before bed and drink some sleepy time herbal tea to help me wind down when I quit smoking weed and it actually did help.

Long walks , and I mean long walks (if you have the time) helped keep me away from the mood swings, ansy feeling, and high energy levels. Since weed is a downer your body has all this excessive energy that it’s not used to when you’re sobering up, and it can feel overwhelming.

Riding the wave is the hardest part, but I’m gonna be honest I never found weed as addictive as alcohol when it comes to physical side effects or long term cravings / effects. I smoke and drank everyday really heavy at one point to the point where if I didn’t have one or the other at the same time I wouldn’t have the same “enjoyable buzz” .

Weed is very interesting substance , but like I said, I’m just glad to be off that stuff. I personally find stuff in my life more entertaining, and I’ve learned more about myself after cutting it out. I even enjoy things like reading and writing now, outside of many other hobbies , but when I was stoned all the time all I wanted to do was eat snacks, listen to music, and play videos games. Not to mention, it’s nice not having a foggy brain all day and actually being able to focus more clearly.

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing. I never knew that cherries had melatonin! It’s been a week for me and the withdrawl is getting better. Walks have helped for sure. And not having brain fog is amazing

1 Like

@mewmcmew took me years of research and really helped me a lot. I highly recommend the cherries , and sleepy time tea by celestial if you ever wanna “set that mood” of winding yourself down before bed.

I know it sounds weird to some people but I live by that method and share it with so many people.

4 Likes

Don’t quit quitting now, when I finally joined you☺️ Yesterday was a successful day one for me. It was a struggle to not go and get it, but my evening was fine after that. I was tired enough I thought, but couldn’t fall asleep, and then my mind started thinking about all these random things. I got very annoyed with it.
It can only get better👍🏽

5 Likes

I won’t quit! We have to stick together🙂I have been anxious and unable to sleep the last couple days. I am going to try the advice @Drew95 gave me to help me sleep tonight. He said said cherries and sleepy time tea help wind down before bed.

5 Likes