Time to get rid of the weed

@mewmcmew congratulations for your decision. And thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Thank you! It’s been rough but I’ll get through it. All the support on here helps so much

1 Like

I have the extra sleepytime tea. And I am going to take a long walk now. Always good. We are doing it! We can do hard things! :fist:t4::bouquet:

5 Likes

I forgot to say I also use white noise on YouTube to help me sleep, cause my thoughts have raised before in the past when I tried quitting.

You can find plenty on YouTube that work with you and your preferences. I open my phone or laptop, and leave it playing beside me, and I’ll do breathing methods as well. It’s something like breathe in for 4 , hold for 7, exhale on 8.

2 Likes

Breathing techniques help me in a lot of situations as well.

2 Likes

I honestly got better at doing these things without breathing methods. Honestly took me a long time ,(especially without weed) but I sleep like a pro now. I used to hate when sleep felt like a chore, or something I had to try so hard to do. So this is why I recommend these methods to people because being in that place was really hard for me, especially with not having the proper support system at that time, so it just caused relapses in the past.

2 Likes

But yeah the breathing methods are so helpful when you need them !

2 Likes

I understand and relate to this. Sleep has been a long process for me as well. Something I liken to my sobriety journey actually. Finding what is normal and healthy sleep, after 30+ years of disordered sleeping, has been a healing journey.

I appreciate you sharing what has worked for you.

3 Likes

@SassyRocks I’m just here to help people because I learned the hard way, and I know what it feels like. I remember one attempt was so hard for me I wasn’t prepared or knew any of these methods that I needed… and it lead to not sleeping for like 2 - 3 days straight and I remember going right back to the dope so I could finally sleep again . Which honestly wasn’t a rewarding feeling . If only I knew about these methods before so I’m super passionate about these methods when anyone needs this specific advice because things like these specific methods really did save me out of weed addiction.

4 Likes

Also @mewmcmew I’m gonna say if you drink caffeine , have your last caffeinated beverage before 2 pm. Give your body enough time to wind down off the caffeine cycle.

1 Like

I didn’t think about the caffine… I started using sleep music from YouTube a couple days ago. It has helped me relax some. I’ll probably just try the tea tonight to see how that goes.

2 Likes

Back to day 1 today. I’m feeling much more confident this time around as now i absolutely know it’s not for me anymore. I visited my ex yesterday and things are good and it was probably the 1st time hadn’t seen me high. It really felt good and I was able to have real emotion