To all my Florida peeps

Been thinking about folks in FL. My in-laws live in northern part of the state, Tallahassee and an hour east of there. They don’t usually get hit hard but they were watching this one.

So sad to see the damage. Sending my best wishes.

4 Likes

This is right down the street from where I live.:hushed:

4 Likes

Ohh my, you poor people…im in the uk but ive just watched the news and read this…please stay as safe as you all can guys, im thinking of you…im on hand if anyone needs someone to talk to through this and if you can then just private message me, i wish i could do more, sending my love to you all :heart:

3 Likes

Survived the night. Waiting for daylight to see outside. We fought water seeping in the doorway all night and the Florida room is completely flooded. But we survived.

15 Likes

Finally light enough to look around. Roof looks ok. Little tree damage. Lots and lots of water. Pics are of the canal behind my house and the ditch beside it, before and after. Can’t leave the house. Too many streets are flooded around us.

How are my Florida neighbors doing?

14 Likes

Glad you are okay. :heart:

2 Likes

The only way back on island…:disappointed:

7 Likes

Scary stuff Donna. :grimacing: I am so sorry.

3 Likes

Omg, idk when ill get back home.

@Charlie_C
I’m in MA still, I planned the trip a couple weeks ago. I’m beside myself at the destruction left in Sanibel. Glad you’re ok.

11 Likes

Oh no, Donna!! I was just looking at that online. Being familiar with that area I know what this looks like. What a mess. :sleepy::sleepy:

4 Likes

Oh my gosh, that’s just terrible. I’m so sorry Donna. Keep your chin up and let’s hope things get remedied quickly. Glad you are safe. I’ve been to some of the islands in that area and I know how crucial the roads in are. Hugs.

4 Likes

What a mess dear Donna. No words really. Hugs & love all I can offer X

4 Likes

Thinking about you, Donna, and the rest of the people affected down there. I’m
glad you were safely off the island. Hopes that the island will get back to functioning as soon as possible. Hugs.

3 Likes

My granddaughter came down this morning and told me, “Grandma, that wasn’t a real hurricane. It was just wind and water.” (First hurricane for California transplants)

I turned around and stared at her. “WTF do you think a hurricane is???”

@DLS as horrible as that all looks and as heartbreaking as it is I am feeling very much gratitude that you were out of state. Material things can be replaced. You can’t be.

8 Likes

We lost power last night at 11 and it’s still out. Minimal damage to out fence but our house is okay and all my family is safe! Our nursery had a storage structure literally ripped to shreds but the greenhouses aren’t damaged. All in all my family was incredibly lucky during this one. We’ve seen our fair share of damage in the past. :blue_heart:

@SassyBoomer glad you’re okay. I know the flooding is bad around you but happy you’re safe!

@DLS the destruction pics I’ve seen so far are terrible… I’m so sorry but I’m happy you’re safe as well! The relief efforts will start soon. How long are you staying out of state?

8 Likes

Be careful! The storm surges are no joke… people underestimate them but they can be deadly!

3 Likes

They are saying it will be a hurricane again before it hits there. Please, please be safe. Ian was awful.

2 Likes

I plan on flying back Sunday evening. Not sure where I’m going to go yet. :pleading_face:
It feels surreal.

4 Likes

My flight just got canceled, their next flight is next Thursday. Considering I can’t go home I may as well spend it here and visit more with mom.
Life on life terms indeed, :roll_eyes::smirk:

16 Likes

Whereabouts in Mass?

1 Like