To all my Florida peeps

May we all remain safe and sober during hurricane Ian! We’ve got this. Do a puzzle, read a book, play cards, do yoga… stay strong! :muscle::sunglasses:

22 Likes

I think my nephew and his wife (they live in St. Pete) are going to come up and ride out the storm here.

Wishing everyone in Ian’s path safety and sobriety. :heart:

15 Likes

Kinda hits home. Our other office is in Tampa and a lot of them are affected.

They gave everyone time off and offered some to come up with us for a week while they are evacuated, and can work,

10 Likes

I’m in northeast Florida . Not sure how much we will be effected but I’m preparing to be safe. Got plenty of water and can food Incase the power goes out … books and I have a guitar amp that can run on batteries . Might do some writing and creative things . Probably going to be stuck inside for a few days but I will try to make the best of it . Going to try to be outside as much as possible the next couple days up till when the rain starts coming … Stay safe everyone

12 Likes

Be safe all those evacuating or near Hurricane Ian prayers from the Uk :pray::pray:

6 Likes

My sister is up in jax, I don’t think y’all will get much if anything. Maybe some outter band rain.

7 Likes

Meanwhile in Tampa…

One of my friends sent me this. She said they haven’t had a hurricane hit in 100 years so they are taking their bets

14 Likes

They got super lucky with the southern shift! Sarasota and south… not so much :face_with_spiral_eyes:

3 Likes

Woke up this morning to the eye coming directly over my house now, thanks a lot, Ian. Sitting in tornado watch right now for the next twelve hours. All my fellow Floridians be safe :heart:

16 Likes

Not what I wanted to hear this morning. Winds are 155mph. Cat 5 winds are 157. I just wanna sleep the next few days away.

7 Likes

Im in the Uk been watching the news on you tube since yesterday worried about all of you :purple_heart:
Im thinking of you all lots x

5 Likes

I think we’ve discussed this before but we’re pretty close to you in winter garden. Do you have a safe place to take shelter from a tornado? Let me know how you’re doing!! Xoxo

7 Likes

In Poinciana in a huge two story five bedroom house. Unfortunately I doubt all ten of us will fit in the downstairs bathroom if necessary lol. Be safe over there hun! 🫶🏼 :pray:t2:

9 Likes

I may be asking a stupid qn but it keeps crossing my mind is it more dangerous to be locked in a basement during the hurricane if there is flooding ? Sorry if this seems like the most stupidist qn im in the uk and honestly dont understand how you will stay safe and i am very worried for you all.

Im between wfla and agenda free tv news and any news stations on constant. I know im in the uk but im one of those people who worries about all people anywhere.

7 Likes

We don’t have basements here. The soil in Florida is 90% sand and wouldn’t support it.

7 Likes

Im glad your posting here so we know your okay :hugs::hugs: anyway il just read here now so those of you who are in the path of ian can communicate between each other.
Im praying for you all :purple_heart::pray::pray:
Keep letting us know how you are if thats okay x

7 Likes

You’re fine to keep chatting! It helps pass the time :wink:

There’s a possibility we lose power and at times cell service but I’m hoping the cell service stays! Will check in when possible. At least for us in central florida the storm is supposed to be significantly less damaging than for the west coast of florida!

9 Likes

Keep us posted when you can and keep those phone chargers charged. Thinking of you and our friends in the Keys.

Glad @DLS is up north.

9 Likes

Im thinking yes keep everything charged and download as much films or stuff you like to watch that doesn’t need cell service once downloaded.
Maybe cook some cold pastas that can be eaten cold like tuna mayo pasta?
You probably know and have thought of everything i wouldnt even imagine has to be thought of.

3 Likes

You’re not wrong about those things! Luckily I like to read so I have plenty of books on deck. I grew up in Florida so this “ain’t my first rodeo” as they say. It’s always stressful though as I own a commercial plant nursery so I’m constantly worried about that! :face_with_spiral_eyes: but we’ve done all we can to prepare and now we ride it out.

5 Likes