To whom I have concerned

I’ve decided it’s time to come back here again. I haven’t been around for 2 years now, even though the app has always been right on my home screen. I’ve opened it hundreds of times just to reset my time. Day after day after day, for 3 years straight.

I had ONE drink on March 25th, 2020, after close to 5 months alcohol free. That 1 drink turned into a downward spiral. Into depths I had never been before. I kept trying to stop. Got a few days here. A week or two there. Hell, I even got a whole month twice. But it never lasted.

Until it did :smirk:

I’m happy to say that I celebrated 5 months on July 15th! And now I know more than ever that I have to keep going. I won’t look back.

In the end, for God knows what reason, (and he does), I decided I am allergic to alcohol. And just like that, it worked! THAT is what finally worked for me. WTF?! Right? I don’t know. I’m not gonna argue. It got me this far.

I’ve enjoyed escargot a dozen times in my life, but the last time I had it, I was suddenly allergic to it. Puffed up, couldn’t breathe. Scary stuff. I love it, but I’m sure as shit never eating it again.

Same thought process I guess. If I take a drink, I’ll get sick. And who knows how bad and for how long. Last time it was 3 years. I’ve already wasted 20+ years away drinking. I want to remember the years I have left.

This place was a Godsend my first go around. At this point I feel I need to stay vigilant. Not get too comfortable. To have other like minded people’s support. And hold me accountable.

For those of you who were here back then, you might remember me as LCarlson92586. I apologize for any worries I may have caused. I did see the messages. I was just in a place where I was incapable to respond. Depressed and ashamed.

Now, starting fresh,

I’m Just Laura :heart:

70 Likes

Welcome back, that sounds like a healthy dose of acceptance combined with a pinch or two of surrender congrats on your recovery. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Congratulations. I just fell off the wagon literally five minutes ago but your story gives me hope. Thank you so much for sharing. Keep on keeping on . You got this.

9 Likes

You do as well. You just need to figure out what works for you. Before you take a drink again. Stick around, as I see you’re rather new, and you’ll find many supportive people with many different views on recovery. Just being here is a great start! Take care :blush:

8 Likes

Woah!! Congrats Just Laura!! Welcome back!!

That’s a great share!! :blush:

7 Likes

Hullo again!
Much has changed here… @Englishd is now our leader and @SassyRocks gets routinely banned for being controversial.
Nahhhhh…
Just jokes. I am, however, still full of shit.

welcome

20 Likes

Hell yeah! Welcome back Laura!

4 Likes

Congratulations on your 5 months and your resolve to stay sober, ODAAT of course. Welcome back … lots of inspiration you will give many.

4 Likes

I’m glad to hear you’ve found a way that really works for you! Keep it up! :pray::heart:

2 Likes

I’m so happy to see you back here with us, Laura.
Congrats! 5 months is fantastic!

3 Likes

Welcome back!! Glad you’re here :hugs:

6 Likes

Welcome back :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes

Welcome back, Laura. It’s nice to see another familiar face around here :heart:

2 Likes

Good to see you, Laura! I’m allergic to alcohol too! Glad you are back.

4 Likes

So wonderful to see you back!! :heart: Congratulations on your 5 months!

3 Likes

What a way to return! A big hello and congratulations from me!

3 Likes

Welcome back Laura.
Congratulations on that 5 + months.
I hope to see you around again.
:pray::heart:

3 Likes

Welcome back, Laura, it’s really heartening to see you again!

I had a reading on that sudden shift and pasted about it just this morning! Thanks for confirming what I’ve seen repeatedly.

3 Likes

It really was quite strange. Same thing happened when I quit in 2019. I had been miserable and wanting to stop for so long but couldn’t even get 24 hours, and then one day, it was like something flipped a switch inside me to the right direction.

Thank you :blush: For remembering and welcoming me back.

8 Likes

Glad to see you Laura. Welcome back. We’re in this together and the more the stronger we are. Congrats on your sober time.

5 Likes