Toast. Definitive answers to questions that matter

Tbh I didn’t know e even existed

2 Likes

I voted C, but actually leave whole and bite the 4 corners off. D makes me think of toast racks in B and Bs and a bit posh!

2 Likes

There probably are, had some good ones in France. But not usually in restaurants and not the kind of thing I would think to buy for the house.

We have mushrooms though I might try and make some over the weekend.

1 Like

I am E. I am not ashamed :joy:

2 Likes

To be scientific you’ve got to include the outliers. Good work AyBee

2 Likes

dd0

10 Likes

Cutting toast is for amateurs anyways.

tenor (24)

11 Likes

D and C.
Mostly D but, C is good too.

1 Like

Most definitely D. After working in a Deli for many years D is most appealing to the diner and looks pretty.

2 Likes

I didn’t discover the flavor enhancement of the diagonal cut (for toast and sandwiches) until my mid twenties.

3 Likes

I often do F, if I’m making egg in a hole!

5 Likes

We are missing G, the kid’s trimming off the crust cut. It is performed before toasting.

Which brings up the eternal question. When you put bread in the toaster and toast comes out, where did the bread go?

10 Likes

Serious questions need serious answers:

The most likely answer, according to a “rectangle vs. triangle sandwich debate” on NPR’s All Things Considered , is that the triangular shape allows for maximum exposure to flavors due to the increased surface area of its more flavorful ingredients. By this metric, the ideal sandwich silhouette would in fact be a minimum of two diagonal cuts that form four smaller triangles, thus exposing even more surface area and eliminating any full bites of corner crust, which skimp on flavor and moisture.

8 Likes

As is chewing apparently :rofl:

2 Likes

I would only cut toast to put it in a roast rack. Which is not often.

1 Like

That almost sounds rude-- egg in the hole! :joy::joy::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Guess this is my life now. Four mini triangular sandwiches.

3 Likes

They’re cute :+1:

1 Like

Especially if you say it different. Give me your toast so I can put an egg in your hole!

1 Like

So the answer to making it taste better is to make it look more like pizza. Makes perfect sense!

8 Likes