Today Has Been Hell

Try to distract yourself. I watch my favorite shows, either “Rediculousness” or “Mom”. Anything to make me giggle

1 Like

I’ve been watching a ton of 80’s and 90’s shows on the free streaming app tubi. Definitely helps but doesn’t take away the feeling.

1 Like

I’m so sorry you’re having such a horror of a day. :heart:. Zoom is actually easy to use and has helped me enormously . You Simply download zoom app then it will ask for a meeting code and then usually but not always a password. You then choose to connect with video ( meaning you can be seen) or without. Also your mic is usually already muted or you can do this yourself. Then that’s it. There are literally hundreds of meetings at all times of the day or night all over the place. Is your DOC Alcohol or something else. There is an A.A. 24 hour zoom meeting which is the first one I ever did. You never have to speak unless you choose to. Just listening can be a great help.

Here’s the code for it . 2923712604
No password needed. Good luck and love to you and you’ve loads of support here. But do try it pet you’ll be surprised how it can help you just to hear one other person who you identify with xx

2 Likes

Fuuuck, thank you!!! I literally was practically pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to use it. My DOC is cocaine. I want to use so badly right now. I’m getting progressively yelled at by my supposed to be partner and being called an addict loser. I just can’t fucking deal right now. I wish I could just fast forward through this bullshit.

1 Like

Can you leave the house and wait for him to go. You don’t deserve to be treated like this.
At the moment you are fighting the desire to use as well as fighting to stay sane.
You can’t do both.
You need spave, right now!

1 Like

He’s not on the lease. He should fucking leave.

Sorry didn’t mean to be aggresive just stressed…

If I leave the house Im going to use

1 Like

There are lovely people on here who can give you codes that are more suited to cocaine use. @Natnat @Lilemm will definitely be able to give you meeting codes for that. You’re doing great. Just keep hanging in there don’t give in. You are stronger than you think and braver than you know. Just stick with us :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Then stay right there… you are already showing amazing strength of character you just can’t see that yet :heart:

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::two_hearts::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts: much love. Your kindness means a lot.

2 Likes

You’re here Fiona. You’re with us. Very glad you are. You’re not alone. And you’re holding out. You’re super strong. Well, you’re Italian/Sicilian/Irish/Scottish, that must make you one of the most (head)strong persons in the world right? Keep going, keep posting, you’re doing great. Hugs.

2 Likes

God your gonna bring the sappy side out of me. Im legit crying. Thank you :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Can I ask does your partner also use? X

You’re very welcome friend. Drowning our emotions in using isn’t the solution. Well you know that. Plenty good stuff to read on this forum if you need to keep your mind occupied.

1 Like

He doesn’t use. He’s never really struggled with addiction in that way. That’s why it makes it a lot harder to get support or even ask support from him because hes not well informed and doesn’t try to imform himself. I’m just a “fat, druggy loser” in his eyes right now. We may be done but who knows. All this thinking hurts. I might just take some zzzquil and go to sleep.

2 Likes

If you can then sleep is definitely good . But if you struggle even during the night there will always be people here to listen. It’s morning time here in Northern Ireland so I better get up. Sending you love and I hope you sleep. It’s hard about your partner but as others have said make right now about you. Only time will tell about your relationship but just keep reaching out for support xx

1 Like

You have to believe that you are ok and that everything will work out for the best.
If that means you and your fella are over then perhaps that for the best. Especially if he can’t help you. What sort of love is that?
For now I’d suggest like @adeygaga49 says, try and get some sleep.

2 Likes

No one can promise that tomorrow (or today) will be better. But it’s most definitely a fresh start, and one more sober day to improve your health and well being. You’re worth it. You deserve it.

1 Like

Hey Kiki, your an amazing soul I can feel that energy you have in your message JUST Imagine that passion I get from you used to be clean and sober, I’m in recovery from a 20 year herion and benzo addiction bt tbh addiction is addiction, it all comes down to the way are brains are wired up, I was only looking thru my old post just yesterday, WOW WHAT A EYE OPENER, WHAT A FUCKING CHANGE, I think is this really me am I this kind and a good soul BC at the begingging I hated myself but the answer is yes I am, most addicts I’ve met are hypersensitive,and that’s not a bad thing, we just need to work on outlrselves to mould are new outlook, it does come but you need to be patient don’t set expectations of how you will feel or be at certain times, get loads of support are you uk if so go to
NA. MEETINGS. UK download zoom first then you van hit as many meetings as you like if that’s something you will consider, id say go for it, I struggled with money and paydays when I first got clean, but each time you resist you start to beleive this is all possible, I’m here if you ever need to vent, chat, etc all my love Emma. Xxxxx

2 Likes