Today I am ONE YEAR clean!

Today I am one year clean. I was about to write “I can’t believe I made it!” but realized that actually, I can. I’ve worked really hard. And will continue to work even harder. So happy to have made it this far but it’s just the beginning. It gets easier! Love to you all!

65 Likes

Congratulations! Very inspiring to hear your success

3 Likes

Congratulations!! That is so awesome!!

3 Likes

Congratulations :tada:

2 Likes

Awesome! What was the hardest part of this past year?

3 Likes

Well done, I’m soooo happy for you. inspirational :100::100::muscle::muscle::muscle:

3 Likes

Well done! That’s brilliant!

2 Likes

Congratulations!! One year is a huge accomplishment! And yes it does get easier. One year will be 2 before you know it. :v::100::facepunch:

2 Likes

Way to go! Happy Soberversary!

3 Likes

Congrats! You are awesome! Keep it up!

2 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS!

cdbfc1d03a66432e78d972f2673b6021fcbafcf5_hq

3 Likes

Inspirational landmark event… Congratulations!

3 Likes

Congrats!!! :clap:t2::1st_place_medal::star: That’s effing awesome!!

2 Likes

Wow, congratulations, amazing!

2 Likes

I think the loneliness. During recovery I didn’t have many people who understood what it was like. I had lots of support from my family which I will never take for granted but neither of them have a history of addiction and so I couldn’t really talk to them about everything. For a long time, I thought about getting high every minute of every day and I had to deal with those feelings and fighting to stay sober on my own. I went to NA meetings but didn’t quite find my place there. Then I got a therapist who specialized in addiction and that changed a lot. But overall, my sobriety journey has been pretty lonely. I’ve been on my own. I remember when I talked to another recovering addict for the first time in months and he said “hey, I get it. I feel everything you feel” and it was such a relief I started crying. Having a support system, which I had, is important, but having a support system who gets it is probably equally important.

4 Likes

That is AMAZING!!!:tada::confetti_ball:

2 Likes

Amazing! Congrats :+1:

2 Likes

I’m so happy for you. Congratulations!!

2 Likes

My emotional stability was for **** my first year, don’t get me wrong I felt pure bliss 90% of the time, but when things happened that were beyond my control I could really wear my support system out. I cherish alone/lonely times now because I really like to see myself now. That’s not all the time though, I still feel alone and down from time to time, even surrounded by people who understand. I know my Higher Power is taking care of me, but I still have to dig deep to find that faith.

4 Likes

Wow congratulations! So happy for you! Your life must so be much better not compared to a year ago! Mind-blowing! :tada::balloon::confetti_ball:

3 Likes