Today was hard man

Today… Today was a bad day. I wanted to smoke so bad. See my addiction isn’t bad. It’s just pot. Yep, pot. You can laugh and point fingers at me. See I loved it so much, I didn’t do ANYTHING else. I mean, I loved party drugs and uppers, but I was so afraid of getting addicted, I rarely used them. My family has a long list of alcoholics so I rarely drank because I didn’t want to be an alcoholic. But pot? Pot isn’t addictive. Pot is just pot. You can’t get addicted. It’s not a real drug, it’s not like hard drugs or alcohol. But for me it was. I was using multiple times a day. Sending my kid to her room so she wasn’t around it, so I was never around her. I wasted 14 years of her life man. I’m so lost and ashamed. I’m pissed. I hate myself. Just really fucked up. And today has been the worst.

7 Likes

Pot IS a drug and it IS addictive. I’m glad you’re here and i can tell you wanna be a better version of yourself for you daughter. Welcome and I look forward to following your journey. There’s a lot of good information on here that you’ll relate to so stick around and read a lot of threads.

5 Likes

nobodys laughing or judging. were glad youre here engaging in your recovery. rough days certainly come around especially right out of the gate. lots of helpful suggestions to cope w cravings here on the forum as well as support and ideas to utilize in your recovery. did you make it through the day without?

3 Likes

Pot is addictive. Pot does not have physical withdrawal symptoms. The struggle is more insidious, psychological. Harder to overcome. I have been on and off pot for the last 25 years or so. Started smoking in high school. My elder brother used to smoke and one day I stole a joint and tried it. That’s how it started. I have 2 kids at home. I used to smoke in the bathroom, several times a day. Used to almost live in the bathroom. I neglected everything. Work, family, friends. Now I don’t have a job or any friends. I still have my family. They are very supportive. That’s the only thing keeping me going.

You are in the right place. You have made a choice to try to get away from pot. That’s the first step. Hang in there. Things will get better.

3 Likes

Your addiction is as bad as any addictions. Your using it to escape reality. Just as a shopping addict would. Or a sex addict, as well as the meth, heroin addict or alcoholic.
It’s how we choose to escape life or parts of our life that we don’t want to deal with it are scared to deal with.
No judgement here. Our struggle is the same.

5 Likes

Thanks so much. I really am appreciative of this app and the fact that it’s free. I wanted to do the meetings thing, but the only ones here are Christian based. So this app is it and therapy. Love me some therapy.

3 Likes

Thank you. It means a lot. This app is my meeting since the ones in my area are Christ based. I go to therapy weekly though and that helps too.

1 Like

Thank you it means a lot!

Hi Graycie,
Here’s a thread with tons of group info, online and in person and other great resources. Resources for our recovery

3 Likes

you’re not alone. i am addicted to smoking pot too and it’s really hard to quit. i’ve been a heavy pot smoker for six years (and im only 20 y/o) and everyday is a struggle. now i’m on day 2 and the longest i’ve gone without smoking pot was 3 weeks (and it only happened twice). yeah maybe weed isn’t as addictive as some other hard drugs, but trust me there is a lot of people who struggle with it

2 Likes

We’re your friends @Positrix. It’s good to see you back again.

1 Like

No judgement here either. I have a debting/spending addiction and I feel others don’t take it serious either. But as one poster mentioned above, if it is used to escape reality, is unmanageable and destructive, it is a real addiction. I’m glad you reached our. Check out In The Rooms. They have a lot of video meeting you can stay hidden if you like. I’m almost positive I saw a group for pot.

2 Likes

How do I do this? Thanks🙂

1 Like
1 Like

Matt was kind enough to paste the info. Look under “video meetings”, find the meeting you would like to attend and click on it at the time it says. It will bring you to another screen where you will see the meeting.

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you both!:slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the link to In The Rooms. Attended my first meeting. This will be very helpful since I prefer online interaction. I am also looking for an online sponsor. Any idea where I can find one?

1 Like

1 Like

Hmmm no I don’t; I am still early on and in online communities I’m even newer. Let’s see though there are some knowledgeable folks here who might at least know who to ask: @ifs @SassyRocks any ideas?

1 Like