Tool - Fear Inoculum (SPOILER WARNING for those who haven’t listened to it yet)

I did like many elements of 7empest and I think that it’s the best track on the album.

Perhaps saying it’s trash is too harsh; it’s not for me, and that’s ok. Like I said, it sounds great and It’s a solid piece of work, it just doesn’t grab me like their other work does.

I think it draws on many of influences from their previous albums but theres no real moments that keep me listening to it. I like it, I like it a lot but I can see why some wont like it for sure.

1 Like

Nah, not too harsh. Well, almost. You say it straight is all.

There’s a certain dynamicism (totally a word) that was missing throughout, except the pick up for 7empest.

Also, cheers for bringing up Salival. Lost my digital copy and dug it out to rerip it. It’s been years and has aged quite well! Mmm…

3 Likes

Has it grown on you? :crossed_fingers:t2:

Not yet. I need to spend some alone time with it and let it steep.

I enjoyed the new album but I think the old music is better imo.

OK…
Everyone has had long enough to ponder on this one.
Time to listen. Time to walk away. Time to think. Time to come back and see if what you first thought still holds up.

So… Are we all agreed that this album does indeed suck?

1 Like

Lol oh boy…I wasn’t here yet, but I got into it with some tool fans on another forum when this first came out. I called it a cashgrab album and said at least on aenima they were self-aware of selling out. I don’t think I’m welcome there anymore.

That was my take on it too. Like a greatest hits album performed by a cover band. Not that it wasn’t performed well, I just thought it lacked soul.

Like a continuation of a lot of 10,000 Days. I remember when that one first came out and the reviews were pretty unanimous that it was almost “nu-metal.” Some people actually thought it was a different band performing under the tool name, like as some sort of artistic statement…which would’ve been amazing but sadly, nope. If only they still had something that inspired in them!

To be honest, I love it.
The more I’ve listened to it the more I like it.
But as I’ve said, I’m think I’m biased slightly in that I have only found them since getting sober. I regard them as my sobriety band.
My 2019 top songs playlist that Spotify list consists mainly of 3 bands - TOOL Alice in Chains and Radiohead.
It might not be anything spankingly new but it’s TOOL!

2 Likes

With the exception of ‘Pneuma’, yes…this album sucks.

1 Like