Tool - Fear Inoculum (SPOILER WARNING for those who haven’t listened to it yet)

Opinión formed: loved the album.

Let me know if I can start throwing spoilers / comment specific songs.

Good album. New Tool material. What’s not good.
Will also wait before I say anything.

2 Likes

Gonna listen later cant wait love TOOL

We could edit the title of the thread with a spoiler warning.

2 Likes

I think the new album is very good.

2 Likes

Good idea!

DONE. new topic name

1 Like

Alrighty then. Minor spoilers!

My hot take after bringing this hiking yesterday. Being honest, the album feels front loaded with many rambling bridges and outros to no where. Some brilliant hooks though and a continued sense I’m spiritually aging with this band.

Eventually Danny Carey gets in a battle royale with something robotic, preheating the oven for probably the most shredding melodic crescendo of the album.

I am left bothered I didn’t get an order in for the physical album to hear the exclusive bonus track.

1 Like

minor spoilers
Didn’t realise that there was a bonus track. Gonna have to get me a physical copy then.
Thought it very typical Tool. No real development musically from 10,000 days. Buuuut.
That said, I love it.
Considering they are my sobriety band, having only found them this year, I’m still loving the whole sound. And am still listening to it at work.
Though I did go to Alice in chains later today, just so’s I don’t overplay it.

2 Likes

Uh, good luck with that. Not many were printed… :expressionless:

FI

Oh! Guess not then.
:frowning::slightly_frowning_face::confused:

About £80 over here. One’s in Euro’s on eBay. The other I found on another site.
Still not prepared to pay that. Maybe 30 years ago when I was single. Try justifying that sort of money to my wife!

1 Like

Dang. I should have had one sent for pick up at Heathrow!

1 Like

Oh wait! I’m an idiot.

There are bonus download tracks to the CD, but they’re all included on the digital version. They just didn’t all fit on disc, I reckon. :man_facepalming:

Oh Eke! Silly squirrel! Got me all aflutter!

1 Like

Hi guys, here’s my take, full spoilers:

• agree on the fact that the interludes don’t really have a role (or one that i can think of anyways). For me the album works with our without them.
  • don’t necessarily agree with the comment that there’s not much evolution. Yes, it does feel more similar to 10.000 Days than what 10.000 Days felt to Lateralus, but I do think they’re exploring more stuff. For example: time signature changes and layering I think it’s much more intricate in Fear Inoculum. Also the songs, for me, have less structure than before and more parts therefore each song has more segments and little pieces you can enjoy. For example the last 1:30 in Invincible is my favorite.
  • what i really enjoy of the album is the different moods they trigger:
  1. Fear Inoculum: for me is more introspective, Mind opening, contemplative
  2. Pneuma: has a “sadder” feel, almost melancholic, sorrowful
  3. Invincible: for is a power song, a battle cry, uplifting mood.
  4. Descending: triggers more emotions of letting go, cathartic, release
  5. Culling Voices: meditative at first, then high energy, advancement, sort of like “get of your ass vibe”
  6. 7empest: go out with a bang. Full on freedom.

Needless to say, I love the album. Dangerously overplaying it. :grimacing:

Hope i didn’t bore you.

Good night!

2 Likes

Okaaaaay! Umm yes I agree!
I just listen to it with the volume turned up to 11.
But we’ll go with what you said, sounds so much cooler! :rofl::rofl:

I preface this with my love for Tool. I love them. I DO.

This album is trash. Worst one. I hope it’s not their last. Just about every song I was checking to see how much time was left. Not one ever grabbed me, much less sucked me in. It was a chore to get through it.

It was tight though, Danny’s drumming on point as usual, I enjoyed that. Vocals amazing! Song structure was unnecessarily long and drawn out. Their use of 7/8 time signature is, well, over used. I’m sure there’s a deeper meaning to this album but it’s lost on me.

Sorry Tool, I want to love it, hell, I want to like it, but I don’t. :pleading_face:

3 Likes

:flushed:. Agree to disagree.

Good to sometimes see an opinion exactly the opposite to one’s own.

You didn’t even like 7empest? Which is more old school?

1 Like

I’m tempted to listen to this and compare experiences, being that I’ve never knowingly listened to Tool and so wouldn’t go into it with any expectations. Then again, my list of music to try is always sooo looong and this isn’t at the top. Just feel like I’m missing out on a band so many people like.

1 Like