Tools and tricks!🩵

Hi guys. I’m starting a new journey and have been since Sunday :face_holding_back_tears: I’ve needed to be sober for awhile but being 24 and being in a small town where everyone drinks and parties all the time has made it very tough to want to stay sober. I have addiction on both sides of my family and my birth father is still a very bad drunk and drug user and I in no way want to end up like him. I’m starting this because I’m just sick of feeling like crap. And I don’t drink very often actually but when I do I binge drink and think I can handle myself when I cannot. And then I black out and make a fool out of myself and it’s just not a name I want for myself anymore. I actually very recently lost a relationship with an amazing guy because of it. And he’s still around and wants to see me get better. He just said he’s done dealing with that side of me and I would be too honestly. I just hope I didn’t ruin it forever ya know? The people I care about are scared I’m going to go off of the deep end every time I do that and end up dead. And that was very hard to hear for me. So I am doing this to better myself and move on in life with my relationship and hopefully get better all together. Any tips and tricks would help. Thank you all🩷 Happy to finally be here.

5 Likes

Welcome Brittany and congratulations on your 5 days sober.
This is a great sober community to get and give support.
I am very active on here and in doing so it has kept me sober. I’ve tried many times to stop drinking but never with support. It’s too hard to do it alone. So I finally opened my mind, got support here, read a lot. Posted a lot and found out what works for me.
Have a good read around.
Join in when you’re comfortable.
Here are two good threads to start:

If you got any questions just ask. There’s always someone around willing to give support.
:pray:t2::heart:

4 Likes

Welcome to the community! I wouldn’t be sober without the amazing people here. Glad you have joined us!

3 Likes