Tour of Sufferlandria 2020 - Dashboard

Mate. Great to see this. I knew you would complete it, why start in the first place?
It’s great to find out our abilities like this. Test ourselves. It maybe hard work, it maybe tiring but that the whole point as far as I can see.
A friend of mine entered the 5k fun run that is in our village. He did it just for fun, literally. He wore steel toecap work boots and didn’t train.
He said this year he is going to beat his half hour time. Still no preparation apart from trainers maybe.
I said if course you will because now you have done it once you know what to expect. So next time you are bound to be better.
It’s all in the mindset, something, that as recovering addicts, we know all about.
When you doing the next one then?

1 Like

@anon12657779
Thanks for the encouragement Geoff. When I first started cycling, a guy told me that the human body can go 3-4x longer than it thinks it can. At the time, I could only do 10-15 miles, but suffered to finish a 50 mile ride. He was right. Hurt like hell and took forever to recover, but I made it through forever changed.

I try to find challenges where I can. I did one previously this year that was a 7 day challenge. It however was not even close to the brutality of this one.

There will be outdoor rides starting up soon.
I am looking forward to longer weekend rides outdoors.

1 Like