Tour of Sufferlandria 2020 - Dashboard

Hi, my name is and I am participating in the Tour of Sufferlandria 2020.
As I march towards the 30 day sober mark, I am doing this to kick my ass into shape heading into the cycling season. By the start of the event, I raised $750 the Davis Phinney foundation. This topic is motivation to make sure I perform all of the stages. Below you can follow my progress.

What is the Tour of Sufferlandria you ask? It is a 9 day (back-to-back) cycling tour described as:

“The Tour of Sufferlandria is the Greatest Grand Tour of a Mythical Nation in the World. Nine days of brutal stages showcasing the harsh beauty of that tortured country on the shores of the Great Lactic Acid Sea, all to benefit the Davis Phinney Foundation and their programmes to help those affected by Parkinson’s Disease. For more details, visit: www.thesuf.com/tos2020

Thanks for following!

7 Likes

Stage 1 of 9 is complete:

8 Likes

Nice one buddy. I’d personally say that it’s something we need to do as part of our recovery. Push ourselves, find our limits, if any!
Most of us have been using for a vast majority of our lives so don’t really know the answer to this.
I’ve signed up for n endurance event called The Fan Dance on my 53 birthday in July. So I’m in the throws of training for that. It consists of a lot of hill walking and running with a loaded ruck.
I’m currently doing 7 miles with 35 lb tomorrow I’m thinking I’ll push out to 10 miles but do this without a pack.
Keep pushing bud.

4 Likes

Amazing …really respect you doing something so great and raising money as well. :100::clap:

1 Like

@anon12657779
Your program sounds challenging. I am definitely not a runner. My legs, feet, and knees are not made for running. Walking I can do, but not running. 10 miles is not easy pack or no pack.

No, it certainly isn’t. I’ve never been any sort of sportsperson, the nearest I ever came to being fit was when I commuted 13 miles a day to work and back about 10 years ago.
So it’s definitely a challenge.

1 Like

Stage 2 of 9 is complete. It was complete carnage on this stage.
It was two hard 1 hour sessions back-to-back. Absolutely brutal.
Glad that is over!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :crazy_face:

Stage 2 ( Part 1):

Stage 2 (Part 2):

5 Likes

Strava for Stage2 (Part 1):

1 Like

Strava for Stage2 (Part 2):

3 Likes

Stage 3 of 9 is complete.
It was a 1 hour session of low cadence & high torque.
Lock it in slow rotation robot mode :robot:

2 Likes

Strava for Stage3:

2 Likes

Stage 4 of 9 is complete.
It was a 70 minute session that mimicked a long team time trial.
The power was solid for pretty much the entire session.
Definitely starting to feel fatigue setting in.

2 Likes

Strava for Stage4:

1 Like

Wow you doing amazing looks a real tough challenge. Bet you find this good for your mind? Keep going as i am sure you will :100::fist_left:

1 Like

I certainly will do Tomi.

The sessions are super hard, so concentrating on them clears the mind and takes all thought away (much like alcohol did). It gives me a reset at the end of each day. A way to remove the stupid stuff my mind is concentrating on. I also sleep really well after.

@anon12657779 @Hopeful777 @Mephistopheles
Thanks for the encouragement and support!!! :pray:

2 Likes

As Tomi says, it’s inspiring what you are doing.
Might set up a topic for my adventure as well.
It may well inspire someone.
I totally get the mind clearing. When I’m on the hill especially lately, battling the elements it’s puts a lot of things in perspective.

1 Like

Stage 5 of 9 is complete.
Violator was a 63 minute session that included 64 repetitive sprints (brutal).
I feel violated inside and outside my body after that one. :stuck_out_tongue:
The hamster is super tired.

4 Likes

Strava for Stage5:

Note max power at over 800 watts!!!

3 Likes

Stage 6 of 9 is complete.
Hell Hath No Fury was a 64 minute session that I haven’t completed in the past without stopping momentarily. Tonight I never stopped, but my body is paying for it. This session includes two 20 minute threshold efforts of sustained power. It also includes the added insult of a 5 minute session above threshold at the end of the workout. It is the worst of the worst workout for me. Super tough with so much fatigue in my body already. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like