Toxic friendship

No need to read it. You’ve made your decision and are at peace with it. Delete it. Block his number. If he ever asks about it, say “what text?” And when he says “the one I sent after you told me no” you can honestly answer that you never saw it.

3 Likes

I was so close to caving cause I felt so bad. I’m really glad I listened to my gut and made this thread. I deleted his texts. Didn’t read them and I’ll probably be blocking his number. I really don’t think I can ever trust him again and I need to focus on my recovery. Thank you. :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more and would highly recommend this. At least for me, I know when I read something that rubs me the wrong way or is inaccurately attacking my character it’s incredibly hard not in engage (this doesn’t happen often but it has lately with someone who I’m having a hard time saying no over and over to).

1 Like

What an amazing step in your recovery! Honestly this is just as important as saying no to your DOC.

2 Likes

I agree with Donnie. Or he lied about where he was last time you guys talked to make it sound good.

Good for you girl, stand your ground! I am a firm believer in only helping those that want to help themselves and this situation sounds very much like the opposite of this. Do what’s best for you, thats all you can do in a no-win situation like this. Pray for him and send him on his way to figure life out himself-something happened where he ended up there that had nothing to do with you so don’t feel bad about not wanting to flip your entire life inside out (again) for his bad decisions. :heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much love! I don’t want to give in anymore. I love helping others but I often neglect myself and I can’t do that no more. He is someone I must distance myself from. So glad I said no. :two_hearts:

2 Likes

So sad because we’ve been nothing but good to him. I pray he does get his life together one day. :heart:

1 Like

Thank you love. It was hard saying no but I’m glad I did. :blush:

1 Like

If you can say “no” to the hardest person to say “no” to…yourself, you can say “no” to anyone.

I’ve had to learn to detach from some people, to disagree without becoming disagreeable. My natural inclination is to smash them, physically, metaphysically, or both. Really messes up my Chi.

3 Likes

Yes thank you @Yoda-Stevie I am at the start and end of all my decisions and you’re right I had to fight with myself to get to this place in my sobriety and I will do the same with this as well.

3 Likes

Follow your instinct. If you feel the need to help, help from afar.

1 Like

Wow! You totally did the right thing for yourself and your sobriety! You go girl!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! :blush::heart:

So true. I’ll be sure to do that from now on. :two_hearts:

Run away! Run away.
You owe no explanation. None.
If you are only days into recovery the chances are he can pull you down much faster than you could pull him up.
Run away

,Edit* just read the rest…
Replied before reading all… Cuz, well, I’m an alcoholic lol.
But YAY YOU!!!

Yay yay yay

1 Like