Traveling Sober

Here are a couple of pics from my recent holiday to New Zealand.
My family are from there, so we didn’t do any major “touristy” activities, but it was still a fun time and I was able to take some gorgeous travel pics! The trip was even better because I was sober too, in the past, I’d travel to NZ and spend most of the time drunk or hangover and not have many fond memories. On this trip, I enjoyed every minute :pray:

26 Likes

Jamaica…

Meow Wolf, Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA

Balloon Fiesta, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA

Jekyll Island, Georgia, USA

Pandemic DisneyWorld…no people!!

Around North Carolina, USA

32 Likes

Wow, these colours :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Barcalona

![JOHN CENAS DOG 057|690x387] MADERIA

(upload://ioHdtoJQw18pZkOzqPySaFVjKhR.jpeg) SY

DNEY

PERTH. BEEN ALL OVER THE WORLD IN 36 YEARS SOBER SO TO MANY PUT ON . OFF TO FLORIDA IN MAY CRUISE THEN IN NOV JAPAN

28 Likes

Great :+1: I was hoping you’d join in. I know you like to travel. And I remember you got Japan coming up.

3 Likes

Always wanted to see/live in New Zealand I hear it’s a wonderful place. I’ve made it down under but couldn’t add New Zealand to the itinerary.

I love the smallest towns and villages in Europe @SoberWalker I’ve seen enough big cities. Have a great trip to Spain can’t wait to see your pics. Loved your Turkey pics.

Jamaica was always on my bucket list. @SassyRocks Maybe next life :pray:t2: looks beautiful.

8 Likes

Nothing like relaxing in the airport not hunting down a bar at 7 am and trying to pound back as many as possible before boarding. LAX is pretty foggy at the moment. But I’m :100: clear and calm. I really couldn’t believe how calm I can be traveling sober.
Love sobriety.
Never going back.
:pray:t2::heart::face_in_clouds::airplane:

11 Likes

What a great idea for a thread :slightly_smiling_face: I used to travel quite a bit, but these days not so much, so I’ll just have to live vicariously through everyone else’s pictures! I never drank while flying though because to me it just meant more times I had to make the journey to the plane’s lavatory :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

9 Likes

Seems I only go back and forth from California to Colorado. Not complaining, but psyched to travel to Denmark and London in June! Never been to Denmark so any tips appreciated. Do have family with whom we will try to connect. Haven’t been back to London since I lived there in 1981. Perhaps a bit more to see :rofl:

7 Likes

Having a baby had pretty much paused any travels further than a 2 hour flight, so I will join you in living vicariously through the rest of the folks who are traveling. :v:

6 Likes

Just got back from a scuba trip in Turks and Caicos! Love this thread idea.
I was slightly nervous about going to an all-inclusive resort because I would have never turned down free drinks in the past. So I had to remind myself, I never would have been on this incredible trip while I was in active addiction. And it turns out, I loved being sober on this trip! I was able to enjoy every minute.

Sobriety has brought me so many wonderful adventures. I have a few trips planned this year so I will be back :eyes: I’m actually leaving for my next trip tomorrow…:face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

29 Likes

Was in Copenhagen a few years ago touring the Baltic the river boat trip is a good way to see the city. the markets are good Tivoli and the Kongens Nytorv . can hire a bike theres loads there

5 Likes

I ’ traveled’ to a new apartment and these are some pictures of the neighborhood.

Taking the bus which is 1 Euro for 1 hour :joy: going to Antibes and Picasso museum.

19 Likes

Wow, just beautiful here. Waiting for the museum to open. :see_no_evil:

20 Likes

First time sober in Berlin. Lots of drinkers drinking in the streets. Maybe i just notice 'm more because I’m abroad. I’m not tempted and I love this place.

31 Likes

Was there 5 years ago now great history to the city enjoy

5 Likes

Enjoy Berlin!! :heart:

5 Likes

Already 1971 Picasso was aware what was about to happen 50 years later

15 Likes

I bet you peed in the street, didn’t you, Hoof? Just admit it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Great pics.

6 Likes

These pics have made my morning! Like Eric, I really struggled with the traveling sober thoughts early in sobriety. I just couldn’t imagine it being any fun. I was SO wrong. Sassy, we are going hiking in NC. I’m getting there asap!

5 Likes