Traveling Sober

Maybe just a little :rofl::shushing_face:

6 Likes

As a secret Amsterdam policeman you’ll receive your ticket and fine from me. Shortly.

7 Likes

Herreshoff Castle, Marblehead Massachusetts

Guardian of the gateway, Marblehead Massachusetts

Our accommodation, Marblehead Massachusetts

Nirvana, according to my son who wears exclusively Crocs when he can. Boston Massachusetts

24 Likes

Today’s sober travel pics

24 Likes

Wow oh wow!! Look at that last picture!!! I LOVE it!!! :heart::heart::heart: Amazing!! A lovely TS stars aligned!!! :sparkles::sparkles:

7 Likes

Sprint time in Berlin! :star_struck: Takes me back…

6 Likes

This is such a great point. In my drinking, I’d not really be awake and ready til maybe 10am and then still groggy. And by early evening I’d be starting to tune out and get loaded.

I didn’t realize just how many more hours there were in a day til I got sober! Able to get up, enjoy breakfast on my trip. And by dinner have already seen most of the town already! Ready to wind down, enjoy a nice meal, and watch the sun go down.

Really makes all the difference.

8 Likes

Tybee Island Georgia at Christmas. So beautiful!

21 Likes

Adore the Georgia coast. :heart:

3 Likes

Such a beautiful idea! I love it. I have tried a sober trip to Malaga recently but failed at the end​:woozy_face::sweat:It is a challenge and I accept it again. Happily joining the group :heartpulse:

8 Likes

In over 500 days sober I’ve saved a chunk of money. Now I can travel on this! Here comes summer!

20 Likes

If I needed more sobering I’d got it today, visiting Sachsenhausen concentration camp where my granddad was a prisoner during the last year of the war. Actually he was in the camp proper only one or two days, as he was forced to work in the Heinkel war plane factory 10 km to the west. All that’s left of that place is the memorial stone in the first pic. :heart:

24 Likes

Thoroughly enjoying your pics Menno.
Thanks.

4 Likes

Menno, can you translate the inscription on the stone?

3 Likes

Concentration camp Sachsenhausen outer-camp Heinkel factory

In this camp more than 7000 anti-fascists and other deportees from many nations were incarcerated.
Thousands of them fell at the hands of the SS.
Their struggle is our obligation.

It seems obvious to me it’s a text from the DDR/GDR era because of the emphasis on the political prisoners and the understated way the other victims (i.e. Jews, Gypsies and gays) are mentioned. As well as the red triangle used, meaning political prisoner in the concentration camp coding system. But let’s not get too political here.

13 Likes

loch lomand|539xloch lomand360 LOCH LOMAND

25 Likes

Was in new zealand and aussie few years ago , yea going to Tokyo end Nov ne flight schedule instead going to Heathrow we fly direct from Edinburgh with Qatar to Doha stop over then on to Tokyo three night there and cruise round japan ,then Tawain, Vietnam, Hong Kong, then two days in Singapore then fly back to Edinburgh via Doha . were off end of May TO Orlando pick ship up there ,Charlston, Fort Lauderdale, Miami Bahamas, Kennedy space forgot two days in the big Apple aswell.we couldnt wait till Nov lol

12 Likes

Omg that doesn’t even look real! Absolutely beautiful :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Thank you for translating for us.

2 Likes

Happier day today. Rode my bike to Potsdam and the gardens of Sansouci, the Prussian version of Versailles - or is it the other way around? Pretty it is for sure. As was the ride along the Wannsee getting to and fro. Last day already, tomorrow the :steam_locomotive: will take me home to Luna :tiger:. Love (from) Berlin :bear:.

21 Likes