Traveling Sober

Wow, that sure looks as a nice walk!! And you had nice weather, better then when you where traveling with that train :wink:
I’m longing for my holiday too, 3 weeks and a few days to go…and then Spain! :dancer:

3 Likes

12 Likes

Let’s go!

9 Likes

You are there! Have fun Aga! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

Beautiful scenery :heart:. Had to look up that tower too… lovely structure

2 Likes

Miles and miles and miles of this :scream:

11 Likes

Snow covered mountains in May is kinda pretty in the haze

Entering Indio for lunch.
Right by Coachella

14 Likes

Traveling sober in Spain :dancer: :es: :beach_umbrella:

Tomorrow evening we’re heading home again.
We had all kind of weather: sun, thunder, hail. But had a lovely holiday as well :grin:

15 Likes

I had a dream…and my biggest dream has come true :slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

I will be visiting Rotterdam in the Netherlands next week. Any tips, ideas or recommendations where to go, what to see? As you know I am a great fan of street art and video games, but I also like everything about heavy industry and everything else that might inspire my crazy creative mind.
Especially from all the people living in the Netherlands like @Mno, @SoberWalker, @Mischa84. Anybody else?

5 Likes

Rotterdam has one of the biggest ports in the world, plenty of heavy industry around. The petrochemical industry in Pernis is huge. The Maasvlakte is visited by the biggest containerships in the world (and has a population of seals). Maybe a boat tour of the harbour?

I like the fotomouseum. And this is also a very interesting industrial heritage place:

5 Likes

This is a great place for a high tea ore just coffee. The high thea there is very good and the building is so nice. The environment is worth a visit too!

It’s a historic building, it used to be the headquarter of the Holland America line.

Also worth a visit is the Rotterdam “markthal”

It’s a huge market hall with loads of little stores and restaurants and in the walls and ceiling are appartments. It’s very nice to watch. On the walls and ceiling are all kinds of fruits and vegetables.

I hope you will have a lot of fun in Rotterdam!

7 Likes

Small world, from last night…

11 Likes

A beautiful country, isn´t it? Which cities did you visit? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Mno A boat tour through the harbour is a must. I love harbours and those huge ships.
@SoberWalker This market looks rad. I‘ll have to check it out.

Many thanks for your ideas. I‘m really looking forward to that trip and hoping for tons of inspirations.

5 Likes

Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, Fujiyosgida, and Kuwana.

4 Likes

You got some good advices here, I’m thinking and thinking and I don’t know what I could add.
Would be nice to drink a coffee together :slight_smile: You are staying long?

4 Likes

I only visit on business but the Unilever building is cool to see, it’s like a suspended container by the central station. Weird… I can’t find it online but there is a car park next to it which has a car driven through the wall and suspended in the air as an art exhibition.

4 Likes

That is a good idea!
Maybe I can join you if it comes to a meeting and maybe Menno could join too? :hugs:
But do not wanna push you in any way @acromouse :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

@Mno, @SoberWalker, @Mischa84 I’d love to meet you guys in real life. I will be in Rotterdam from Sunday about noon and will be leaving on Friday morning. I have no fixed plans there so I can come to any place any time. After all that country of yours is not that big :wink: and the train system works fairly well.

7 Likes