Traveling Sober

Unfortunately wen’t through a pretty bad relapse shortly after this trip, so here is to happier sober times.

Earlier this year 2024

Egypt, Cairo Great Pyramids of Giza🇪🇬

14 Likes

Wow. Thanks for sharing! Boy those are impressive

3 Likes

I live on the east coast and i gotta say its easy to go east to west but west to east after 5 weeks of work and especially mixing it up workind days some days of the week andgoing to nights and back to days … sucks! When i got home back home east coast i took a week off just to sleep and be lazy i probably slept like 17 hours in bed my first cuple days back home

1 Like

I told my office to keep me on the east coast awhile so i got to go to GA and FL here soon for acouple months i dont mind as much

1 Like

Camping sober near Yosemite :heart: This was my morning view and enjoying an early clear freshness!

24 Likes

Nice view!! :heart_eyes:

I’ll be in Yosemite in a few days! Be sure to check back for photos!

5 Likes

I’ll be checking!! :grinning::hugs::wink: The weather is beautiful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hopefully it’s not too hot, I might melt :laughing:

1 Like

85 degrees F :heart:

1 Like

Got home from a cruise to alaska last week. First ever cruise. Did it sober, which is not how i pictured my first cruise being in the past. First day on the water was rough, but once i got settled in, stayed busy and enjoyed some mocktails. It was easy. Had a blast. Too many pics to share lol

11 Likes

I was there 30(!) years ago, loved it there.
Slept in a tent “between” the bears.
Have fun Rebecca :green_heart:

5 Likes

Oh my gosh Claudia! It’s funny that you mentioned the bears!! We are, pretty much, at an empty campsite because there’s a bear that keeps antagonizing all the campers. The people next to us were having their van towed away when we pulled up because a bear had gotten into their vehicle…locked herself inside…and went bananas trying to get out!! It was undriveable by the time the game warden came and busted out the window for her to escape :astonished: So my daughter and I actually saw her when we were pulling into the area and I have to say she is BEAUTIFUL! So we were extra cautious about our food and cleaning up after ourselves. It’s been 3 days and she’s left us alone :blush: Great sober memories to last a lifetime!!

10 Likes

What a story Rebecca! I remember back then they warned us about how clever bears are. They told us about a white Volkswagen van that was destroyed because the owner left food inside.
Since then that bear attacked every white Volkswagen van! :face_with_peeking_eye:
Happy holiday! It was my best holiday ever!
Hope to go back someday :sunglasses:

6 Likes

200w

Ooohhhh bucket list check off!!! :heavy_check_mark: How wonderful!! I would love to see some pics!!

Lovely photos! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I‘ll be visiting Utrecht :netherlands: from 22.-27. of July. If any of you sober folks somewhere around would like to meet for coffee just let me know. Especially thinking of @Mno, @SoberWalker, and @Mischa84. As always I can also take the train and come to some other city.

11 Likes

@Tragicfarinelli first part from Sunny Beach :parasol_on_ground:

14 Likes

Lovely :star_struck: looks fine weather!

1 Like

13 Likes