Traveling Sober

Had a super time in Hurghada Egypt :egypt:

14 Likes

just back from Edinburgh picked up our Visa for China still to get our one for India looking forward to another trip

6 Likes

The light there look incredible :star_struck:

For all American people :rofl: we also have a Vegas

At Saint Vlas, Bulgaria :bulgaria: Sveti Vlas - Wikipedia

11 Likes

Amazing !! Once we get comfortable enough in our sobriety, we can go anywhere in the world we desire - and that includes vacations that normally incorporate drinking into their activities (like a cruise).

My purpose is to experience new venues and places, not find another barroom. In addition, the money not spent on daily drinking can easily pay for a 2 week vacay in Tahiti and Bora Bora.

So it becomes about a positive gain from sobriety, what I am getting, rather than a negative, what I am giving up.

5 Likes

Margate, Kent, UK

All checked in and supermarket run done for huge prawns, scallops and small prawns for tapas tomorrow night. I’ll be spending a lot of time on that balcony overlooking the Turner Contemporary and English channel.

8 Likes

Oh have fun! Nice view :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Antony Gormley - Another Time Statue

Antony Gormley Another Time Statue Margate - Google Search

7 Likes

So cool! At first I was like …huh? Where’s the statue :rofl:… appreciate the link with explanation

2 Likes

Walked to Birchington on sea today. Could go no further towards Reculver as the channel was very feisty.

8 Likes

Wow great pictures. Love the friendly library. Some lovely person maintains it beautifully!

1 Like

It’s so great watching you have so much fun :star_struck: and following your travels and the cooking. I’m so excited for you.

My new airport drink of choice!

4 Likes