Traveling Sober

Stamp used to decorate the body with ink, pre-Columbian peoples, at the Gold Museum in San Jose, and baby coffee trees at a coffee factory, Heredia Province, Costa Rica.

11 Likes

Any coffee tastings at the coffee factory?

1 Like

Oh you bet! Way good!

1 Like

Banana flower, orchid, black water lagoon reflections, river transportation. Pura Vida in Costa Rica!

14 Likes

Whenever I traveled somewhere new, I researched where meetings were prior to leaving home. As a result, I had local times, places and numbers of safe outlets to choose from JIC.

I enjoyed hearing local variants and accents on sober issues while away from home. Could usually find a meeting in English wherever I went as well.

4 Likes

11 Likes

This simple cone shape is how some volcanoes look, including the ones kids make for the science fair. Arenal in north central Costa Rica had its last active eruption from 1968 through 2015.

11 Likes

Wife and I saw Arenal when it was active, We watched lava stream down from its cone and sometimes explode for a few hours during an exceptionally clear night. The next night it stayed shrouded in clouds, so we were quite fortunate.

7 Likes

@Ravikamor I love the central coast. I think it’s the hidden jewel of California. I hope you enjoyed Morrow Bay.

1 Like

11 Likes

Yes it was the best! My favorite part was hosting for @Milele and @Conor80 !! I hope they come and visit me again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Pismo beach has to be my favorite city up there. Did you have a chance to check it out?

1 Like

Oh yes! Love Pismo!
DyQRvWYW0AAPg5O

4 Likes

Some of Folkestone from tonight’s post dinner stroll.

12 Likes

Our mega walk from Dover to Folkestone using a mix of the English coast path, North Downs Way and the Saxon Way due to cliff erosion and crumbled areas… Elevation was sharp in some bits and the heat was intense. Really enjoyed it though.

Start to finish… the little buildings are old defence / bastion / pillbox remnants from World War II. A spitfire and three Chinooks passed over as well.

18 Likes

Simply gorgeous :heart_eyes_cat:
Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

And that fish chip :yum: :yum: :yum:

1 Like

It was epic, Eric :pray:t2::pray:t2:

2 Likes

What an incredible view! Glad you did the hike and shared the pics :heart:

1 Like

Beautiful pictures!! Love to walk there some day too! You deffinitely earned that fish and chips afterwards!

2 Likes