Traveling Sober

@Mno, My son attends the State University of New York at Potsdam. Different from your Potsdam, I think!

5 Likes

Just gorgeous!! Like a dream. Thank you for sharing these pictures!!

4 Likes

Some pictures from walking to work sober in southern France
Mediterranean sea in the back

Olive trees. Cannot believe this really.

View towards the Mediterranean Alps. Or hills. Sometimes I can see mountains still covered with snow.

21 Likes

We made it!
First time sober in London.

24 Likes

Welcome to the UK :uk:. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Thanks Twizz. Where y’all hiding the sun?
But I do love a good dose of British weather. I got plenty of layers.

4 Likes

I was going to say … your usual view of the mountains is now buildings far in the distant :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Glad you made it safely :grinning:

3 Likes

Check in and good morning to all on Taco Tuesday. This topic summarizes my biggest wish and dream. I always wanted to travel and my drinking the last 20 years has not allowed that…I promised my 13 year old that one day we will travel and even though I lose hope I think he still believes or at least I hope he does. You-all’s pics and experiences show me that is is possible. Thank you, like somebody said earlier this made my day!

9 Likes

And I love it :heart:

3 Likes

Beautiful view!! Enjoy!!!

4 Likes

There is alot to explore in that area, allot of history and a castle. The tower of London. Museums too.
Have a great time and I’ll be following your adventure here on TS :hugs:

5 Likes

Hi,
Did you get an invitation to the coronation next week? And you’ve kept it quiet? Great time to be in London :crown:
Did you pack a brolly?

5 Likes

And did you bring your wellies too?

5 Likes

Yeah! I’ll be right behind you, less than 2 months!! Uncover some fun secret spots for me :wink:

3 Likes

So far the secret spot is the
Sticky Toffee Pudding, with
Clotted Cream Ice Cream I posted on the foodies thread :yum:

3 Likes

They got a “brolly,” in the wardrobe for us. But of course I packed a “slicker” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Looks like we’ll just miss the coronation. Darn.

@Mno i’d need a whole nother suitcase for my Wellie boats :joy:

@Twizzlers not doing much sightseeing as we’ve been here loads of times. Shows, I love shows. Walk abouts and visit my friend Julie in Croydon, and we go visit her family Saturday down in Beckley ? Down by Rye ? I believe.

Thought we’d get up to Maida Vale, lunch around little Venice, walk up to Abby Road, Primrose Hill, down to Regents Park. Got to walk off all the good food.

Book of Mormon tonight
Back To The Future Friday
And The Play That Goes Wrong for a Sunday matinee.
Can’t wait for the shows.
Wish I could sleep. Jet lag.
:pray:t2::heart::england:

10 Likes

Just checked out that thread - dangerous! It all looks amazing!!

3 Likes

Yes that walk is a good one :slightly_smiling_face: me and Polly know it well.
Today there should be some sun :sun_with_face:
I hoped it stays out for you :hugs:
I’ll be thinking of you out on adventures while I’m in the dentist chair :seat:

4 Likes

So you are a bit closer to me then usual Eric :rofl:
Enjoy your holiday!
London is on my wish list too. I was in London 30 years ago for a long weekend with my ex boyfriend, his mother and brother. My father in law just has died because of an accident. The emotions where high and my relationship was bad. It was a trip with a lot of argues so I have bad memories about London. Promished myself I have to go back to make new and better memories there. I will some day!
Again, enjoy your time there is so much to see there!! :star_struck:

5 Likes

This is why I love London in the spring.
Embankment Gardens.

Went up to Little Venice for a walk about.

@FeelingBetter
Jean here’s a pretty cool spot I don’t think most people see. It’s not one of the huge tourist sites.
The Cabinet War Rooms.

It was amazing seeing where Churchill manned WW2

Saint James Park. Or is it? You don’t know :joy: :joy: :joy:

@Bootz
You in there :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

24 Likes