Triftshop treasures from all over the world 🌍

Wandering trough a triftshop relaxes me.
It makes me think about my childhood by seeing things that we used to have in our home back then.
Sometimes I buy something, but just looking can be enough as well.
Today I found these two plates, we used to have the whole crockery set. You could get it by saving points you got by buying food from a special brand. When my mother died en we emptied the house most of it was gone because we children dropped it by accident.

I have found many more triftshop treasures :hugs:
I’m curious about yours!
Let’s share our finds!

26 Likes

Oh I loooove kringloops (triftshops)!
Will definitely post here

5 Likes

Kringloops? I love this word! I will have to use it
From now on. I have a friend who loves to thrift shop with me, I can’t wait to tell her this new word!

5 Likes

It’s Dutch :hugs:

16 Likes

I’ve been in the presence of Dutch speakers in the Caribbean, most notably Curaçao and Bonaire. Fun language to try to learn! If I can figure out how to upload photos effectively, I will share.

3 Likes

Loved this original piece, a ceramic vase inside a basket.

11 Likes

Beautiful, not easy to make I guess.
With things like that I always wonder how they do it. At first that ceramic vase that I’ll get but then making that basket fit tight around it? :thinking:

For me I think Dutch sounds angular and blunt, if you understand what I mean.
If I would have chosen my birth language it would be Spanish ore Italian. That languages sounds really like music for my ears :grin:

3 Likes

11 Likes

Nice bag! Is that the Union Jack?

2 Likes

And I like your map of the world as well, is it an old one?

1 Like

I found these two old ladies a few months ago.
They are somewhere from 1920 ore 1930 I was told. When we visited my grandparents ages ago they where in the room where I slept.
These two are simulair like them.

I found out there was a whole set of those. All boy and girls dressed in Dutch traditional costume.
They remind me of the flat of my grandparents. Nice and cosy and filled with sigarette smoke :blush:

8 Likes

I have no idea, no-name :slight_smile:
It’s perfect bag when I go with boys to library cause books all size can fit in (those books for kids are sometimes huuuuge :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

Unfortunately no :slight_smile:
It’s from Xenos if I remember good

But it’s an old style one, Russia is Soviet Union here, we have Dutch East Indies etc

2 Likes

Lovely! Do you know who the artist was?

1 Like

Hmmm, looks like the British flag? Nicknamed Union Jack.

1 Like

I thought you mean company name :see_no_evil:
Yup, I’m an idiot :sweat_smile:

Hah! No, you’re no idiot! Maybe I am, I only speak one language!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yes, I googled on it but I do not remeber it right now. I wrote it up somewhere. It isn’t a real painting though (I wish! :blush:). But something people bougt as a souvenir back in the old days I read somewhere. People collected them because of the many different trational costumes it shows. There are at least 14 of them to collect.

1 Like

Found a silverplated dish to put the stone tealightholders on :confetti_ball:
The green old Chinese ginger jar I found in a triftshop earlier. We use it for the burned matches now.

Did you find something nice lately?
It’s almost an addiction for me to wander trough a triftshop and find something cheap I like :blush:

1 Like

Nice! I too am addicted to this hobby. I edited out the picture, it just won’t load.

1 Like