Truth and tough love

I think our stats are available for viewing no matter our status. I can’t remember where the info is on stats … a thread somewhere?

1 Like

If that is so, then it would likely be done by the system automatically and I haven’t noticed anything like that in the logs.

2 Likes

@DungeonMaster, yeah, the link to the Users list from the three-bar menu in the upper right shows usage stats over different periods. Or, y’know, your profile summary.

@SassyRocks, and it is strange. Rob looks active enough at first glance…

1 Like

I’m on every day. I follow many different threads. Is there a requirement for viewing new threads?

Gotta throw out them hearts bro. Or be like Tomi

1 Like

Okay, I looked at trust level info a little more and see 5 flags in 100 days gets you downgraded automatically. IMHO if it happened to you, you could ask Robin for this to be reviewed if your flags were questionable and flags were why you got downgraded. Don’t know if it would help, but never hurts to ask.

That said, it doesn’t show anywhere in the logs why @DungeonMaster was downgraded. And he has no flags.

You also have to be active to keep trust level 3. I am going to assume it was that. I found the info here…

3 Likes

Giving that likes x10 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

I’d assume it was because of activity. That being said, I dont think I’ve not been active. I just dont view all the new threads.

I think that might be the reason. There aren’t many people in trust level 3.

1 Like

I am at trust level 11. I am the Spinal Tap of TS.

11 Likes

You misspelled colonoscopy dude :grin:

4 Likes

Ah ok, well if ya got 5 flags in 100 days ur prob doin something wrong and deserve to be penalized anyway lol, I didnt realize the threshold was that high.

4 Likes

Yes, it is pretty lenient. Tho of course if you get 5 in one day you will likely get suspended.

4 Likes

There is an difference between “wisdom” and “experience”. The former entails learning from the mistakes of others, while the latter from one’s own mistakes.

I am often referred to as “wise”, when in fact I am experienced. I think @Englishd just wants everyone to benefit from his experience, in the hope they become wise.

7 Likes

He’s about to get one flag :angry:

3 Likes

I completely understand that but the way it is projected by our much experienced friend often does not come across that way and I was not speaking for myself in my reply as I do not blame others for my relapses I am fully aware they are my choice and my reaction. Yet I still have them. The wording of advice etc can make a world of difference to many. Especially new people looking advice. I always listen to your advice as it is well presented but I understand we are all different. I just feel more thought sometimes is needed as to the wider audience than just going with it. Just my humble opinion

7 Likes

To which you are perfectly entitled. I agree, there’s a fine line between serving a steak on a china plate or a trashcan lid, when it comes to tough love. Lord knows I made my share of lame justifications for my drinking. However I had the benefit of maturing in a culture of ownership (the Marines), so I’m not one to blame others for my failures and shortcomings. But I was not immune to circumstantial excuses…stress, grief, anger, frustration, loneliness.

I think we can all agree that while others can help, no one will get us clean and sober except ourselves. Heck, even my all-knowing, ever-present savior wants me to do my part, as small or as weak as I may be.

1 Like

@Neighbrofthebeast668 making naughty jokes.

1 Like

That was never in question. Thank you for your advice it’s appreciated

1 Like

I guess we all react differently to different personalities that’s what makes us unique. X

2 Likes