Truth and tough love

I was always a fan of “my ego has it’s own zip code and tax code”

2 Likes

I like that one

1 Like

Might have to change the thread name to “shit the old-timers say” or “old timer shit post”.

My favorite is this little old Irishman named Marty.

Sit down, shut up and listen

Every time this One gruffly old guy sees me at a meeting and always shakes his head an frowns and says “they’ll let anyone in here these days”

2 Likes

Can we decide on a name for the thread and stick to it? Preferably one that describes the content.

Start a poll. I haven’t had coffee yet so I can’t be bothered to do it

1 Like

I’ve called mine the ego that ate Cleveland.

Is it legit to both pray to release my resentment towards someone and wish harm upon them, simultaneously? Asking for a friend…

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: probably?

1 Like

Do y’all say that last sentence in meetings? I like it, but I’ve never heard it spoken that way. Curious.

1 Like

Never heard it either. But I like it too

1 Like

We don’t - but we should start!

1 Like

I posted this full version the other day.

9 Likes

And no, I’ve not heard it like that before :slight_smile:

1 Like

The first word of serenity prayer is key. I have to look outside myself, to God, for help. Puts me in a humble state. I’m not good at asking for help. Cant run my own show anymore tho. All I ran was a $hit show. The grant me part is interesting cuz I have to receive serenity from God. I’ve been offered, and grasped for, so many types of bs things thinking I might find serenity. I found hell. I granted myself a living hell…over n over again. Still do in many ways, but I’m looking to God for help now and not my oh so brilliant self. Idk how I’m alive and still have anything at all. Lawd. I mean for.the.love. smh

2 Likes

Perfectly said brother :heart:

8 Likes

oh my life, I really wish people would be a little more sensitive about using the word “triggered” in a joke-y way. I can’t even describe how horrible flashbacks are.

yours sincerely,
PTSD snowflake

6 Likes

That’s why I posted that. People are waaaay to liberal with that word. It is an actual medical issue related to a certain medical diagnosis. Seeing someone drinking a beer on a TV commercial is not triggering. It’s a gooddamn advertisement.

7 Likes

I know, I tried to like the image, but was of likes for the day. it’s a good one.

1 Like