Truth and tough love

This is explained perfectly.

1 Like

You can do as you like, as long as you are willing to accept the consequences that may arise. Maybe just stuff snow down her back.

5 Likes

I’ll try the daily prayers there’s only so much I can get away with :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Even better. Maybe give her the US Southern Ladies insult “Well bless your heart”.

3 Likes

If anyone is curious about the resentments prayer it is on page 552 of the big book.

2 Likes

Half measures availed us nothing. I’m not going to lie. Sobriety is hard work. I’m over a year sober and this weekend was one of the hardest times of my life. But all that stuff I preach about Higher power and AA came through to save me. I know exactly how to stay sober. It’s by listening to people who have more time than me and who have been through the shit. I’m not weak bc I reached out for help. I’m smart. Alcohol can easily defeat me, but it can’t the program.

So I will say this. If you want to get sober, do the same things I do, bc I learned how to do it from people who have decades sober.

@Ray_M_C_Laren is an incredible resource here. He doesn’t tell us to go to meetings bc he thinks it’s cute. He tells us that bc it’s worked for him for a long ass time. Same with @anon59060877 and @Gabe.G and @SinceIAwoke and @Sober_gabby12 and @Sober8888. They are heavy hitters. Listen to them.

16 Likes

@DrunkNoMore also lives the steps on a daily basis.

Can you post it?

I’m okay today. I got it out of my system yesterday :blush:

1 Like

Here it is. However, I recommend getting a big book and a sponsor to guide you through it.

If you have resentment you want to be free of, if you will pray for the person or thing that you resent, you will be free. If you will ask in prayer for everything you want for yourself to be given to them, you will be free. Ask for their health, their prosperity, their happiness, and you will be free. Even when you don’t really want it for them and your prayers are only words and you don’t mean it, go ahead and do it anyway. Do it everyday for two weeks, and you will find you have come to mean it and to want it for them, and you will realize that where you used to feel bitterness and resentment and hatred, you now feel compassionate, understanding and love.’

14 Likes

Love you man you are a strong man and I’m so grateful I could be there for you! Keep doing what you doing, yiu got my number use it if you need it!!

3 Likes

God always provides. I let go of fear and insecurities. Shay and I had a long talk last night and we are going to work things out. I love her completely. We are best friends as well as partners. We both realized that we need each other. I couldn’t imagine a life without her in it and she feels the same way

9 Likes

That’s awesome!!! Yessss!!! It’s going to work out, you wouldn’t believe all the come to Jesus talks Kyle and I had this summer… By the end of the summer I was going to walk away… There were so many things happening with us that I just didn’t know what to do… But we compromised and talked alot and we are better than ever… I’m so grateful for this program ya know… Normal ppl would just throw in the towel and call it quits but we learn how to be human beings and have compassion and understanding and we realize that sometimes our selfishness (at least for me) gets in the way of things… But AA allows us to work on it and be better.

You two will be Ok, just keep communicating and when you feel insecure tell her, that’s the biggest thing… Always ralk about what you are feeling even if it’s irrational lol… And same for her,

It makes the world of difference :heart:

5 Likes

Thanks so much, Derek

Couple of things I’ve noticed today.

1. If you feel the urge to log on here to ask if you need help then you do. It’s plain and simple. People who don’t have problems don’t ask that question.

2. It is absolutely no one’s responsibility to get you sober except yours. Don’t expect your friends and family to understand. They can try, but unless they are one of us, they will never know. Support from then is great, but don’t rely, or even expect it.

3. That being said you don’t have to do it alone. You will need support. AA is still the best thing running when it comes to getting support. Don’t like AA? That sucks. But it works for millions of people. What’s so special about you that it won’t work?

25 Likes

So greatful to be one of the millions. Don’t know where I’d be without AA.

3 Likes

Nowhere good. I’m around 90% sure I’d be dead. The other 10% is jail.

4 Likes

You’re right, I probably would be dead or on my way. Today I chose life. Yay!

1 Like

It’s really frustrating that all these people come here, piss and moan about everything, and then completely ignore everyone’s attempt to help them. If you want to get sober take the cotton out of your ears and put in your mouth. If you are sober and your life is still a disaster then maybe it’s time to listen to some suggestions bc your way isn’t working. If you find that you are relapsing on a monthly basis you definitely need to listen bc your way is going to kill you.

19 Likes

One of my favorite quotes I’ve heard in AA

3 Likes