Truth and tough love

I already have enough shit in real life that I need to work through haha. My work is absolutely shredding me lately. Lessons galore though and I’m making the best of the situation(s).

1 Like

But…my story is different from everyone else. No one understands me!!

Terminal uniqueness…ironically the thing most of us have in common.

10 Likes

Holy shit. This is beyond amazing. Can I use this in AA meetings?

6 Likes

Thank you @anon46927530.

I think that is tough love; tough love for us from a different perspective.

I like this thread where it’s at. I take in all the truths that are shared here.

It’s taking these truths, and sharing them with a member that’s just relapsed that I’m reconsidering.

Whoops! Hit the post buttons too soon. I will finish in a new post.

I, as a chronic relapser understand the frustration of not getting it the first time, second time, or the hundredth time around.

More than one relapser has made their voice known. They are not looking for our advice until we show them compassion and encouragement.

I recall the reset again thread, and it did not end well. No apologies, no amends, no repairing of relationships. Some members were even sharing on this thread how they’ve never had a relapse. Probably seemed like bragging to them. No wonder some people were upset.

don’t get me wrong, I know everyone meant well. No one was meaning to be vindictive.

I just know that I want to be better.

Until I get to know other members better and they get to know me, I will work on showing more compassion and less criticism.

People don’t care about what I know until they know how much I care.

4 Likes

I had some professors in law school who I absolutely did not like for a variety of reasons, mostly personal difference and opinion based. However, I found myself taking all of their classes because in the end they were smart as fuck and knew what they were doing. I didn’t let my personal opinion get in the way of the learning from someone who was good at what they did.

5 Likes

You know what’s cool. I could have shared my thoughts on some different thread, or made a new one. Instead, i kind of hyjacked this thread a little to discuss a different topic. But i know that the readers here have a lot of experience and are more willing to critically take everything into consideration. That says a lot about all of you. Thank you and keep up the good work. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hijack away my friend. Just this thread though. No airplanes lol

4 Likes

:flight_departure::flight_arrival::flight_departure::flight_arrival::flight_departure::flight_arrival::flight_departure::flight_arrival::flight_departure::flight_arrival:

Uh oh. Just hyjacked a plane.

:open_mouth:

3 Likes

giphy-38

4 Likes

You would love my board of directors then…

2 Likes

I didn’t coin “terminal uniqueness”…that came from Recovery Elevator. But the other part is my own.

Have at it.

1 Like

OMG…Day-vid!!!

2 Likes

A Dan Levy GIF is always a good idea. :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Mine’s right on the surface

2 Likes

You okay, Derek?

I didn’t think @SassyRocks was trying to be mean nor was she implying that the thread was bad.

You seemed upset. We still love you man.

At the risk of continuing a circular argument I have no further comment (that’s attorney speak :joy::joy:)

3 Likes

Good…now let’s all have a group hug!

:men_wrestling:

1 Like

I pinch asses so ain’t no one want me hugging lol

2 Likes