Truth and tough love

PM the mailing address and I’ll send you memes.

10 Likes

oh yeah, let’s go get high and drunk so I can catch some new charges Sounds like a blast lol

4 Likes

How do we know how many are in the last 100 days? My stats seem to be lifetime. At least it says 86.7k posts read…so I assume it is total for the 719 days visited (according to my stats)

Well crap. Jail? You seem so “cool” about it…unless you’re flipping out on the inside and I can’t read that from your post.

1 Like

I could think of other things I’d rather be doing, but I also accept full responsibility for my current predicament and if jail is what happens then I need to be okay with that. It may just be a night or I may get sentenced to a few months. But I’m not going to get worked up over something that I don’t know is going to happen. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous though. Nothing a little prayer can’t solve.

12 Likes

There are Users stats in the menu to the upper right. The three-bar icon next to your profile icon. You can select “quarter” which is the last three calendar months. Close enough.

And yes, m’dear, you are one who looks just below the crazy (~15k/90 days) Posts Read line. Can always go scan the daily check in thread!

1 Like

It will probably help that you can show to the courts that you’ve worked on yourself big time and gotten your life together. They may be more lenient as a result.

But then again, here I am telling a lawyer how I think the law works! :rofl:

5 Likes

A few months?! :disappointed_relieved: But! But! Your Regular Status!

10 Likes

I really respect your attitude towards the situation. Hope that it all amounts to nothing. :blue_heart:

3 Likes

I broke the law now I gotta deal with the consequences. I’m more worried about my family and clients. They shouldn’t suffer bc I fucked up.

5 Likes

Will it affect your license application for the wedding? I take it that is how you found out?

It was actually through a fingerprint background check for work. I already spoke with the powers that be. My boss actually thought it was funny :joy::joy:

2 Likes

@dot.dot.dot, buddy. That’s excellent! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Obviously you know a lot more about this sort of stuff, but surely where you are now is gonna stand for something.

2 Likes

You should go into the law!

This is one of the best things I’ve ever read on here! Maybe we need a recovering addict sitcom? With @dot.dot.dot as the writer?

2 Likes

Recovery does not happen overnight. There is no magic bullet that can get you 3 years sober in 2 days. If there is can someone please tell me what it is??? Same goes for therapy too. If you show up to your first appointment expecting to be cured then you really need to adjust your expectations. All of this is a process, a journey if you will. There’s ups and downs, lefts and rights, stops and starts. If you aren’t willing to invest in the process then it’s going to be a long bumpy road. There’s a reason you see people with 30 years of sobriety still doing the same things they did in early recovery, it’s because they know they need to continue working.

12 Likes

Lol. I still haven’t gotten around to reading it. I do have a copy at home. It’s currently holding up a tv stand I believe.

1 Like

I’m still reading the big book. That’s my primary go to. I have it more out of curiosity than anything. I have a rack of books that I still want to read :disappointed_relieved: that I haven’t gotten to.

2 Likes

I can’t read at my desk because it’s obvious I’m not working lol. When I have this on my computer I can make it look like I’m busy. Plus I get more out this forum than I do from most books (big book, 12&12, drop the rock excluded. Those books rock)

2 Likes