Trying to stop sh

Trying to stop, whats you guys advice?

6 Likes

Pray pray and pray some more

First thing is to get rid of any paraphernalia.
Second thing is to set yourself up for success by reducing any high stress or situations/people that could threaten high emotions. Then if you havent done any DBT (Dialectical Behavior Therapy) there is a module in it called distress tolerance which has a lot of great suggestions for when we get into crisis mode. Here’s a vid, you can search more there are a lot.

The things that help me the most is extreem cold, so like an ice pack on my tummy, chewing ice, or a cold shower.

You can do it, I wont say its easy, its not. I have gone through a lot of therapy, like a lot, a lot. And I have managed to self injure only a couple timed in 5 years. Its a miracle because I still think about it all the time and am triggered all the time.

So if you want to stop you can do it, if you havent gone to therapy I suggest looking into DBT.

Use this check in thread to stay accountable.
Checking in daily to maintain focus #70

6 Likes

Maybe seek help from like minded people who have been were you are now lots of programs out there who can help wish you well

1 Like

Welcome Maddie! :blush:
I don’t have any experience with SH but many others here do. Use the magnify glass🔍 at the top and you’ll find some great advice. It’s important to stay connected and post about how you’re feeling. Use the check in thread Stella linked above and you’ll be surprised how helpful it will be to your recovery.
Wishing you the best on your journey!

2 Likes

First thing I did was to clean house and dispose of whatever booze or drug stuff that I could find in the house. {Even then, I was still finding stuff here & there for months afterwards}.

Then it was off to detox & rehab. That was back in 1984. Been sober since.

1 Like