TS Cycling Thread - Biking Sober!

Hi fellow bicyclists. Biking is a great form of exercise and a great way to fuel your sobriety! I have seen several people posting about cycling and thought I would start this thread for everyone to share stories about their favorite rides, questions, advice and, of course, pictures of your beloved bicycle.

18 Likes

My new Motobecane that i got last summer. It’s a gravel bike that is great for the road as well. I love doing Rails-to-Trails rides (old railroad tracks converted to hiking/biking trails). Can’t wait for the weather to improve so I can get out for some rides!

8 Likes

I like yours! Mines a starter bike and i rarely use it. I dont know anyone who cycles but id love to learn more

3 Likes

I ride to work and back 6 months of the year! Going to start my rides tomorrow morning! Last year, I did the Great Canadian Cycle for kids with cancer. I cycled a ton of km and raised over $1000. Hope to have a team this year. I love riding! I will post a pic later. Looking forward to a sober cycle season!

5 Likes

I have a Fuji Newest 3.0 are you on Strava?

3 Likes

I ride a Cannondale Quick hybrid. But saving up $ so I can justify this purchase:

18 Likes

9 Likes

That’s a nice ride.

2 Likes

Just joined Strava. I have been using Map My Ride. Not sure what the difference is.

2 Likes

You opened the floodgates gates @BillS!!
I love cycling. I’m on strava too.

I have a few more I’ll try to post.

7 Likes

That’s quite a collection Jason, sweet!

2 Likes

Thanks. I guess it’s a result of working part time at bike shops the past 10 years. I have more but I’ll just leave these for now :wink:

Is that first one your zwift app?

1 Like

@Englishd yeah, that is my trainer and trainer bike that’s connected to the internets and zwift.

1 Like

2 Likes

@Chance and @GVLNative might be interested in this thread

Which one is your daily rider?

Mine’s a Fuji One N, also red! I’m looking for a better gear set, though, weigh smoother shifts and more predictable intervals.

2 Likes

I actually ride all of them to work. The black one I just posted is the “race” bike.
I usually ride a bike for a week or 2, clean it, and switch to another. They are all the same exact fit. Just different frame materials.

1 Like

What’s on your bike now?