TS Cycling Thread - Biking Sober!

Great cycle challenge just opened up. I’m already registered. Let’s get a TS team together.

What is this challenge you speak of?

It’s a fundraiser to help fight childhood cancer. I did it last year. I’m waiting to hear from Robin before I post any links given the current climate of non-solicitation around here

1 Like

Would love to hear about it. Private message me Robin says no-go on posting.

Would love for all you bike nuts to join up!

1 Like

I kick it old school with my Fuji Sagres. I’ve since added panniers, and a rear rack. I’ll get an updated photo soon.

3 Likes

Rode to the beach today! 15 miles overall

4 Likes

That’s a great idea

1 Like

You should do it again this year. Team TS is number 5 in donations right now

That’s great!!!
I want to do it again this year,
I just need to get a bike. I lost mine in the curfuffle of moving.
It was trash anyway though.

1 Like

Oooo guys done 3 out of my 4 days this week cycling, the pain is starting to evolve from regular ‘I’m unfit it hurts’ into a more pleasant ‘I’m doing well this feels good’.

It feels great to be sober and back on the bike I encourage everyone with the means to try it and to not give up after the first attempt as it will likely hurt a lot !

Happy Friday guys :blush:

20190531_073612|374x500

2 Likes

1 Like

Gonna try to revive this thread! :blue_heart: :bike:
New (to me) bike I’m building up for my around town/errand bike. Sketching up some designs to sew myself a custom basket bag and panniers for it sometime in the next few months.

11 Likes

Nice one! I like the saddle especially. I’m on holidays now, without a bike, but will be joining in this thread asap :bike: :biking_woman: :biking_man: :bike:

3 Likes

Light load on my favorite bike for a quick weekend trip north to the cabin. Lots of mud. My partner’s bike in the second photo.

6 Likes

After detesting the whole concept for some years now (just a capitalist ploy to make me buy another bike) I am slowly starting to believe I “need” a gravelbike. Not sure how long I will hold out…

4 Likes

…But for now this is still my baby

11 Likes

Yessss gravel bikes are amazing!! I’ve used my old road and cyclocross bikes on gravel in the past but when my xc got stolen 5 years ago I got this and it’s such a world of difference!

2 Likes

I have had the same thought about fat tire bikes, which have become huge up here in snowy Canada over the past few years. However I will say, on a fat tire bike you can do a snowy trail that you could never do on any bike with a thinner tire. (I will also say I’m not a huge fan of having my peaceful winter forest wanderings interrupted by bikers speeding by. But I’m trying to stay humble and keep an open mind :innocent:)

2 Likes

Ayyyy this ain’t a place for :poop: ing on bikes.
Fat bikes are also amazing.

Idk what kind of ultra elite winter athletes you got up there “speeding by” but fatbikes typically slog at pretty slow awkward speeds. I usually average 8mph on a decently packed trail :sweat_smile:

4 Likes