TS Cycling Thread - Biking Sober!

Tailwind, thank god. There is too much up and down. Noone told me that. :see_no_evil:

Stuttgart Schloßgarten

Schwäbisch Gmünd. It’s on the river Rems which I didn’t know before. Goes into the Neckar in Stuttgart.

Source of the Rems

And now somewhere in the middle of nowhere. But it’s nice here.

11 Likes

Those are the usually the nicest places.

2 Likes

I love that clock!

You always have the best adventures - thank you for sharing!

3 Likes

“torquing sober” :rofl::ok_hand:

1 Like

Can we get this this thread going again? The thought of a biking sober group is awesome! I was recently thinking of literally starting a sober riding group in my city…

4 Likes

There’s also a Strava thread, it’s been quiet the last few months but the regular posters on that thread are definitely still active here on TS:

There’s a really active running thread happening now (Runners in 2023 - 5K/10K/13.1/26.2/Ultra) but I haven’t seen a dedicated cycling one in a few months. Why not start sharing here and invite people to join you? You never know, but even worst case, you’ll get some exercise, right? :muscle:

3 Likes

The high point of a bike ride i did a couple months ago

11 Likes

Thanks Matt! I’m a big Strava, Zwift (and a bunch of others) guy. I’ll try to stir things up again :grinning: :mountain_biking_man:

10 Likes

Tried to start a new thread for just pictures in the hope it would be more active than this one.
Got merged… oh well.

Here’s some pictures of my bike leaning against stuff from my ride this morning

10 Likes

My commute bike leaning against the inside of a train. Too wet and cold and windy to ride all the way home from work.

10 Likes

My road bike leaning against my mountain bike leaning against a wall BOOOOOM!!! MIC DROP!!!

8 Likes

Could definitely do with a couple more

2 Likes

Very cool topic

Now i have yet another reason to get on my bicycle

2 Likes

I ride my mtb to work sometimes, bit of a fair- weather cyclist though. Try to avoid the rain. Often get caught out by the wind which is worse I reckon

1 Like

I’ve been a bike messenger in the past. Had my share of riding in the rain back then. When you don’t want to ride with or against wind you won’t ride at all over here (Netherlands). Our version of going uphill is to ride against the wind. TBH, when you don’t want to ride in the rain (like me), there’s not much riding either here these days. Here’s a pic of my road bike leaning in happier times :sun_with_face:

11 Likes

I live in Alberta, Canada. We were having fantastic weather (for us anyways) from November through January… until a couple days ago. Today, we’re sitting at -29 Celsius. With the wind-chill it was -41 Celsius. Tomorrow will be -35 and with wind-chill -45. That is -31 Fahrenheit and -49 Fahrenheit. We’re a hardy bunch here but that is just too cold to be out on a bike!

6 Likes

Happy the weather allowed for a ride today, first longer one of the year. Happier I’m still able to do about 100k with a decent speed. My fitness level isn’t totally zero after quitting the gym (so no spinning this winter), having had the flu and being a bit overweight. Seriously planning to do a lot more cycling this year.
Bike pic at the same spot as the one above :arrow_up:

17 Likes

How lucky to have the coast as your riding friend!

Aging and weight and fitness level seems to be the theme of the year. Again, lucky us for having activities we so love and the opportunity to enjoy them!!

4 Likes

Yeeey, cycling thread!
My today’s effort on a sunny :sun_with_face: day

Me and my mate

Deserved treat

8 Likes

Did some another great cycling with an awesome group of people today :blush:

8 Likes